One Year Anniversary

8:10 a.m. 4 May 2013, Avengers Tower

"Alright Avengers!" The overly enthusiastic man calls out as everyone else shuffles about in the elevator like zombies. "Let's get this show on the road!"

I let out a groan as I trail behind my red headed companion.

"Why do we have to be there so early? All we are going to do is sit through the whole damn ceremony, listen to some old man talk on and on for about three boring-fucking-hours, before they present you guys with the award." I huff out.

I ignore the stern look from the super soldier behind me from my curse word as I plop my tired self into the large, black vehicle that we were all squeezing into to head over to City Hall.

"Because attendance is key my dear Time Machine, attendance is key." I hear the billionaire explain from the passenger seat.

I just roll my eyes at his explanation as I knew he was somewhat right. I lean my head onto the blonde's shoulder, who was sitting to my left, not bothering to ask if it was alright as I felt the sleepiness slither in me. I snuggle deep into his side as I tried to at least squeeze in a small nap before we got to our destination.

I feel him shuffle around a bit until I feel his arms circle around me, pulling me more into his body as he shifted his angle for me to sleep more better.

"Mm.. thanks." I whisper sleepily

The only thing I hear was small chattering before I fell into the dark abyss of sleep.

•••

11:20 a.m. 4 May 2013, City Hall

I sit down on the seat provided for me by one of the staffs as I sit between Steve and Nat as we wait for them to be called upon stage by the mayor. I was a bit surprised when they allowed me to sit with the team but didn't complain as I felt the relief leave my body knowing I wouldn't have to sit alone this time.

I busy myself as I look around the room we are all sitting in, the sunglasses and hat that are shielding my face made it a bit hard to actually see around me, but I didn't mind as I knew it kept me safe from the public eye.

I slowly peak over my shoulder to see the public section filled to the brim with news reporters, business people, and a whole bunch of fans and civilians crowded around the hall.

I turn back to the heavy, older man that had just finished his ongoing speech to step aside and let James Rhodes step up to present the awards for his friend and the rest of the team.

I knew the old balding man would talk for hours...

I perk up as they name the team off, explaining to the audience that Thor was away on 'personal business.

a.k.a he hasn't contacted the team at all since leaving for Asgard.

I start clapping loudly along with the rest of the audience as the team stand up from their seats and make their way up the stairs. Steve was the last to join them as he had turned and handed me his brown leather jacket, taking notice of my slight shaking form.

I made the cliché mistake of not bringing a jacket with me as I thought it was going to be warm, with how the sun is shining brightly down on us, yet that didn't stop the wind from blowing, causing a breeze to wash over everyone.

I thank the super soldier with a small 'thanks' before he walks away to join the others. I happily put the oversized jacket on my slight shivering form, the soft material on the inside warming me instantly as it was still warm from the super soldier using it. I was glad to see that it matched my outfit, the jacket going well over my white cropped T with washed out baby blue jeans that are paired with my white converse.