Cherry's Sundaes

3:40 p.m. 25 May 2013, Avengers Tower

"Hey there sunshine!" I greet the tall, blonde and handsome man. Lifting my mug full of tea towards him in a greeting manner, before I place it down on the coffee table next to me.

"Hey doll, what are you up to today?" He smiles, stepping over from the elevator in all his glory as he's still in his suit.

"The same old, you know?...how was the mission?" I smile, following him with my eyes as he stops beside me, leaning on the couch.

"It was alright, you know 'the same old.'" He teases.

He gets a playful eye roll from me in response to his teasing. The man suddenly leans over, ruffling my hair. I lean unconsciously into his touch as he rubs my head in a manner to mess up my hair to get back at my eye roll.

I become a bit surprised as he starts to run his fingers through the chestnut waves of a mess. A content sigh leaves my lips as I sit there allowing myself to relax against the man's hand from the amazing feeling of his fingers combing through my hair like a feather... and knowing that he made it back safely from another one of his missions.

My eyes start to flutter open a bit as the man slides onto the furniture beside me, yet it doesn't last long as he starts running a hand through my hair again causing me to lay my head onto his lap. I let out a hum as we sit there in complete silence, in this kind of intimate moment.

I don't know what brought this on from the man but I am definitely not opposed to it.

"Hey," Steve starts after a couple minutes of silence causing me to peel my eyes open.

"Why don't we go out and do something?" He grins down at me as he pushes a few strands of hair away from my face.

This man is gonna kill me before Ultron gets a chance to, I swear.

I can feel my cheeks start to heat up at the man's action. This man has to know at this point at what he is doing to me. I mean, the way his smile brightens his whole face with the little wrinkles on the side making his face scrunch in an adorable way. It's getting to me, and badly.

"Yeah," I nod with a lazy smile, still staring up into those ocean orbs. "anything you had in mind?" I question the man as he helps me sit up.

"Thanks," I smile softly, getting a nod in responds before he opens his mouth to speak.

"Well... we haven't had ice cream in a while." He offers, looking a bit thoughtful at his reference.

"Hmm... ice cream sounds great to me!" I smile beforr hopping off the couch and heading into my room to get ready. The super soldier walking to his room with a laugh at my sudden change of mood.

I step out of my room once I finished changing in a freshy new pair of clothes, along with my trustee black and white converse. I make sure to grab ahold of my adorable beige crochet bag, that I got from a local thrift shop a while back when the super soldier and I went out exploring the city.

It's just like the one I had back home!

"Ready to go?"

"Yep! Let's go tall, blonde, and gorgeous." I pat the man on the chest before I dash off to the elevator with a giggle at the reference of the infamous meme.

I can hear the man jogging after me as I race inside the elevator. I let out a squeal as I feel the super soldier suddenly picking me up and throws me over his shoulder before I can even step a foot in the metal box.