Spending a day with the Archer

6:05 a.m. 16 January 2014

"We're here, sweetheart."

I peel open my eyes to see we were in fact at the tower, in the garage to he precise. I let out a small groan as the super-soldier helps me off the bike- I was sitting in front of him as I was a sleepy zombie and he didnt want me to fall off- after getting off himself.

The reason we are here so early is because Steve and Nat have a mission at seven. At first, I was just going to stay at the apartment but when Clint found out, he offered Steve to just drop me off at the tower for the day as he was staying for a couple days.

Not to mention that Thor had left back to Asgard last week, just the day after New Years. So it was just him and Nat staying in the tower now.

So now here I am with Steve heading up to the common room still sleepy as I had been woken up more earlier than I like.

"Bird brain better actually be here or the next time I see him, I'll break all his arrows." I grumble as I flop onto the sofa.

"Geeze, is that the thanks I get for keeping you company?" I hear from above me.

I look up from the sofa to see the archer hop over onto the other side, resting his whole body on the leather furniture.

"Yeah, yeah. You just better not disappear on me like you do everytime you are here. I know where your nest is." I grumble groggily.

I turn and lay myself onto the super soldier's lap, who was sitting in the middle of the couch. I feel the man start to run his hands through my hair, causing me to relax more and slowly fall back to sleep. I drown out the noise of the television playing and the two men chatting lowly to each other. I let out a hum in content as I allow myself to relax in my spot, yet it unfortunately doesn't last long as I feel him slowly lift my head up and place it back down on the sofa.

"You leaving?" I grumble out, peeling my eyes open as much as I could.

"Yep, sorry sweetheart. I got to go now." The super soldier smiles softly at me.

"Okie. Be safe please." I whisper as I close my eyes again.

"I will," I hear the man chuckling.

I thought he had left by now but then I feel his lips softly come in contact with the side of my head as he whispers. "Till the end of the line doll."

"End of line." I hum, a small smile on my lips as I allow sleep to continue to wash over me.

•••

I groan as I open my eyes, the first thing I see is the large flat screen T.V that's hanging on the wall, the two wall-sized windows on either side of it bringing in a heavy array of sun light that surprisingly doesn't hit me directly. At least, that didn't bother me.

I look up at the other end of the couch to see my archer companion still in the same position as last time, his focus solely on the movie that's playing on the screen.

"What movie is this?" I question, finally willing myself to sit up.

Aww someone put a blanket on me, so soft and comfy. I couldn't help but think as I look down at the charcoal gray blanket as I wait for Clint to respond.

"American Pie." Clint smiles over at me. "Also good morning." He sing songs.

"Morning. What time is it?" I yawn out the last of my sentence, the tiredness leaving my body.

"It is nine-fourty." He remarks, looking down at his watch.

"Nice." I nod smiling before I stand up, stretching around before heading down to the elevator. "I'll be back bird man!"