Family Portrait with the Team

7:30 a.m. 15 September 2013, Avengers Tower

I wake to the sound of my door sliding open, my brain still fuzzy from sleep as I try to register who is coming into my room unannounced. I slowly lift my head to see a blob of blonde hair, and as if my brain registers who it is (and that I was not in any danger), it allows my head to fall back on the pillow. I can feel the bed dip behind me, my tired mind chosing to ignore it as I just wanted to go back to sleep for another hour or two...or three.

A sigh leaves my lips as I feel the trespasser starts running their hands through my (no- doubt wild) hair.

"What is it now?" I hear myself mutter out, yet I keep my eyes closed as I lay there peacefully in my spot.

"Well." The man chuckles. "We are requested by Stark to meet at the tower dressed in formal wear. 'Preferably black attire.'" The super soldier's soft voice fills in the question as he continues petting my hair.

"Ughhh." I groaned out at the mention of the billionaire. "Why am I not surprised." I sigh, turning around in my spot to come in contact with Steve who is laying on his side, staring down at me with a soft smile.

"Do I really have to?" I groan. "I mean is anyone getting married...or dead... or something else important?" I mumble, my eyes fluttering close again as the man continues smoothing down my chestnut locks.

I snuggle close into the man's side which resulted in him wrapping his arm around my side and rubbing my back in a soothing motion.

"Believe it or not." Steve gently starts, pushing the few strands out of my face. "He didn't tell me the reason, this time."

"Of course. Stark would pull something like that." I huff, eventually sitting up with the super-soldier, much to my protest. "It better be damn worth it that's for sure or he's not only going to have an annoyed and angry assassin on his tail, but also a twenty-year-old woman as well." I fold my arms over my chest as the man beside me lets out a laugh at my comment.

"I expect no less doll."

•••

"STARK!"

I stalk into the common room, looking around for the self-proclaimed, idiot, of a man as I felt myself start to get uncomfortable in my black dress. It had a sweetheart neckline, the torso tight and giving my figure a nice look as it flared out to my knees. The shoes are unfortunately a pair of black velvet thick heels as I know i would get scold3d by Tony and Nat (mostly Nat) for not wearing the 'appropriate attire' along with the dress.

I mean, I didn't let that stop me from bringing along my black and white converses in my backpack that Tony gifted me for my birthday. It's amazing. Fits everything.

Now dont get me wrong, the dress was really comfy as it was made out of silk material so I wasn't that much uncomfortable per se physicaly, I just tend to wear jeans and converses more than dresses and skirts unless I  really wanted to or feel like dressing up for that day. If that makes sense.  I couldn't have Nat's help this time as I got ready at the apartment, so I did my best with the little bit of make-up I had and my supplies of hair products. Not to mention, I kept feeling Steve stealing glances here and there on our way over (we took an actual car this time as I didn't want to mess up my hair), and I felt like I did something wrong.

"Yes, Delgado?" I hear the sass from the man himself as he walks out of the lab, tailored in a nice, sleek dark red suit.

Only he would be this extra.

"Why did you call us all here for, especially so freaking early and on people's day off?" I glare.

"Well, if you must know kid." The man sighs dramatically. "We are doing a photo shoot today." He smiles as if he just told me he invented Pizza.