Picnic at the Park

10:05 a.m. 28 September 2013

I slid on my white converses just as Steve peeks his head into my room.

"All set doll?" He shines that beautiful smile.

"Yep!" I grin with a nod.

I grab my brown jacket, sliding it on as I also grab my hat and I head out my room to follow the blonde man. We head down the stairs of our apartment building and to the Harley parked right outside of our apartment complex. I stash my hat under the seat as Steve hands over my helmet before climbing on his bike. Always secretly enjoying being able to hold him like this, resting my helmet against his toned back as he kicks starts the engine to life and taking off.

It didn't take us long to get to the tower as there wasn't much traffic going on at this time (surprisingly) which allowed us to get on time to meet with the others in the common room.

"Alright! Who's ready for a day at the park?" I clap my hands together with a smile as I take off of my sunglasses.

I put them back in their case and stash them back on my leather brown cross body as everyone starts chatting about our activity for today. We had decided to go to the park to have a nice lunch picnic, as we haven't gotten to spend as much time together as of late. It was actually my idea but I'm letting Stark think it's his so he doesn't feel bad.

"Yep, super ready kid." He winks.

His cheesy pun made Nat and I roll our eyes, Steve shaking his head as Clint just groaned while Banner was stuck explaining to Thor the concept of puns. I let out a small chuckle at everyone's reaction as Stark just walks off towards his bar, grumbling about us being a 'tough crowd' and 'not appreciating his jokes or himself', which got a snarky remark from the redhead beside me.

•••

"Alright Avengers, let's find a spot."

I trudged through the small worn down trail besides Nat, the red head holding the picnic supplies as I carry the blankets that we are using to sit on. I kick a pinecone out of my way as I continue to walk down the slope, wondering how we were going to find a place for us to relax when literally everyone uses the park. I scan the surrounding once more before suggesting to head back when something catches my eyes.

I slowly walk off the worn down trail, following along the faint and rocky trail. I almost lost sight of the new trail a couple times but was able to get back on track and was starting to worry if it won't end when I stumble upon a huge clearing. I feel my mouth part open in awe at the beauty of this secluded field that also gave a nice view of some of the buildings from the city.

"Andrea?" I hear Nat calling from behind.

"Over here Nat!" I call back behind me, hoping she finds the place. "I found a good spot!"

I send a message to the group chat (yep, we have our own group chat, even Thor is in it), letting the team know that I found a perfect spot and to just have Tony track me so they can find it.

After about three to four minutes I hear the team walking through the path, stumbling out of the clearing and find the five blankets already laid out with me laying on top of one. I raise my glasses up as I peer over at the group, giving them a grin as I send them a small wave before lowering back down my glasses and go back to resting in the nice sun. I hear the others just chatting away about the spot I found and how nice it was for today, especially for September.

I just let them set the rest of the stuff up like the basket, utilities, plates, even some bean bags that Clint brought. Along with some activities that Tony brought for us to play with like a volleyball, a Frisbee (even though he joked that we could just use Steve's shield), and even brought a convertible fire pit so that we can make smores later on which if you think about it, makes this whole experience feel more like a camping trip than just a day at the park, but that's Stark for you.