Worth a Try for The Fools

8:00 a.m. 1 April 2013, Avengers Tower

"You do realize that this isn't going to work out for you, right?" I whisper to the archer as they try to strategically pull one of the most cliché pranks in the world. Which was in fact, on the most deadly assassin in the world, as the red head laid sprawled out on the couch asleep.

All I get in response was a strict shush and dismissal of a hand, putting my hands up in mock surrender. I walk away from the idiot as he carries on with his death wish on this lovely April fools morning.

I shake my head as I hear a long (and very girly) scream echo through the tower, not only two minutes after the fool tried to prank Nat with the feather and whip cream.

"Hey J, can you make sure that was recorded and send it to me please?" I quip to the ceiling, the smile on my face growing as I think of how the archer's face would look from the terror of the angered assassin.

"Of course miss."

I hum along my walk to the elevator, clicking on my floor so I can relax watching T.V in piece for a while.

"Hey there sunshine," I wink over at the blonde as he leans on the kitchen island.

"Hey there doll, is everything alright? I could have sworn I heard a scream." He responds, his eyes unconsciously scanning my figure as if he was looking for any marks or signs of pain.

"Yep, I'm all good... but I wouldn't say the same for Clint as he 'oh so brilliantly', decide to prank Nat as she took a nap on the couch in the common room." I shrug, gaining a chuckle from the man at the idea with a shake of his head as well.

"Want something to eat? I'm making eggs and bacon." He motions to the stove.

"Mmm, maybe just the bacon please." I shuffle over.

"Not feeling that hungry, or cause of the eggs?"

Mmm, both..." I hum at the latter, a small smile on my face as he remembered the small detail. I am quick to snatch a few pieces of bacon off his plate.

I look up to see him sending me a playful glare as I stole the pieces from him. I quirk a brow at his look, ignoring it as I replace the one I took from him with the one from the plate full of the other pieces. I pat his shoulder with a closed smile as my cheeks puff out from the piece of bacon stuffed into my mouth.

I walk off towards the large-brown leather couches, plopping myself at the edge to lean against the arm as I flip on the T.V to continue my show that I was watching the other day. Eventually I am joined by Steve who lifted my feet up and placed them down on his lap. I smiled over to him, getting the action reciprocated along with a pat on the leg, then we turn our attention back on the show, which was just in time to show Dean Winchester slicing off the head of a vampire-followed by a 'son of a bitch'.

Let's just say, Steve wasn't much of a big fan of Supernatural...at least at first.

•••

It was closer to around the afternoon now, after we had gotten ready for the day.

We went to a couple shops to just get out and enjoy each other's presence-plus I bugged Steve to go with me to the mall till he finally cracked. Not like it took much to convince him as he's always up to explore the city. Then we decided to come back for lunch so we didn't keep spending money.

Although, I was kind of Stark's money really as Nat slipped me one of his cards earlier when she found out about our plan.

So yeah, it was all going to be a good-calming day, well...that was until we realized things weren't going good for a certain iron clad, billionaire.

I let out a yelp as the explosion coming from the screen came out louder than I thought as I forgot about this part in the movie Iron Man three.