The Dead Keep Living...

We have been walking for a while, I ended up convincing Steve to let me down so I don't burden him with holding me until we got to the secret facility.

It didn't last long as I started slowing him down a bit as my arm was making it hard for me to focus on walking.

"Are you sure?" I whisper to the dirty blonde man as he lifts me up with ease and starts catching up to the group.

"Yeah I'm sure sweetheart. You weight like a puppy, if that's what you are concerned about." A chuckle leaves his lips as he shuffles me in his arms to get a better grip.

"No that's not what I meant." I shake my head with a laugh.

"Thank you for helping me." I smile weakly up at the man as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Of course baby doll." He gently responds.

I look up to finally be greeted with the sight of a run down secret facility, a man running out towards us. Once he sees me in the super soldiers arm, he looks to Hill.

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Hill informs.

"Maybe two." Nat speaks.

"Let me take her." He motions over to himself, I feel my grip tighten on Steve's arm unconsciously.

"She'll want to see him first." Hill excuses him, noting my uneasiness.

With that she turns down the dark hallway and takes us into a cemented room to come in contact with a Nick Fury who's alive and lying in bed, the trio look at him in shock while I just lift a hand his way.

"About damn time." He mutters as he takes in the sight of us four.

I feel Steve walk over to a chair that sits beside Fury's bed, he softly places me down and moves to the side to allow the doctor to treat my wound.

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache." Fury starts listing off his injuries.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor pauses, looking up at Nick before he continues patching me up.

"Oh, let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good."

"They cut you open, your heart stopped." Nat comments from her place on the other side of his bed. Sitting on the other available chair.

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it."

Tetrodotoxin B... hmm, gotta remember that one for future references, just in case.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?"

"Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful." Hill speaks up from her spot.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust." Fury adds on as well, looking over each and everyone of us.

I look over to the doctor once he steps back, giving him a small thanks and a smile as he nods his head gently at me then walks over to Fury to check on his vitals. I glance up from inspecting my arm as I see a pair of feet standing in front of me.

I am greeted with a smile from the super soldier as he kneeled in front of me, looking over my face then body as if searching for more injuries that I might have.

"I'm fine Steve. I promise. " I smile.

"I know, just making sure." He grins back at me.

I look around at everyone who are talking amongst each other, that was until Nick started speaking again. We all turn to see him looking at a photo of Pierce.