Movie Night Gone Wrong

5:30 p.m. 15 May 2013, Avengers Tower

"Hey J, do you think you can call everyone down already?" I call out.

One hand gripping the pan handle, while the other is holding the spoon that is mixing around the creamy white pasta and chicken.

Lately the team and I have been switching off on who cooks during the week, as we have gotten tired of getting take out. So we (as in Steve, Nat and I) came up with the idea of the six of us taking a day out of the week to cook up something for the rest of us for dinner. We chose dinner since we are all mostly busy during the morning and throughout the day so we figured (since everyone is here on the weekdays), that we can take turns making something we want or all agree on. For example, Steve gets Mondays, Nat gets Tuesdays, I get Wednesdays, Clint gets Thursdays, Stark gets Friday, and Banner...

Well, actually, we didn't assign Banner to cook since we know he can accidentally 'hulk out' when stressed so we figured it'd be best to not stress the man out.

I hear the sound of the elevator doors sliding open, signaling that someone had showed up. I peer behind me briefly to see Banner the first one up along with Nat trailing beside him. The two talking quietly to one another causing a sly smirk to grace my lips before I quickly turn back over to the stove to give them privacy. I pretend I didn't hear them come in as I pull out the garlic bread from below me, in the oven.

"Oh, hey guys. Dinner is just finished!" I greet the two as I set the heavy and filled pan down.

"Sounds great kid." Nat grins as she walks over to the shelf and starts pulling out the utilities.

"I... I can help with that." Bruce speaks up, rushing over to help the red head who continues to pull out things from the shelves.

"Oh. Thanks Banner." I feel a grin make its way on my lips as I bring over the dish to the long mahogany wooden table.

"I just hope you guys like it, and it's enough for everyone. " I smile sheepishly over at the two who are setting up the table.

"Well, I mean that is a 12 quarts pot full of chicken Alfredo, so I'm sure it should be enough." Nat shrugs.

"Not to mention it smells delicious. " Bruce smiles.

"Thanks guys. " I smile. I turn my head to the side as I hear the elevator doors open.

The sound of footsteps make their way over to join in the rest of us in the kitchen/dining room. I smile at the sight of the billionaire and super soldier walking in, surprisingly for once not bickering with each other.

"Where's Barton?" I ask the two confused on where the bird man could be.

"Right here!" I stumble back as the man jumps down from the ceiling above me.

A startled noise leaves my lips as I trip over the leg of the pulled out chair beside me, not expecting the man to jump out from above me.

My arms flailed in the air as I feel my body get pulled down by gravity. I try reaching out for support but make the mistake of bringing the same chair that I tripped on, down with me. There's a loud 'bang!' followed by the crash of me and the chair hitting the floor in a not-so-lovely way.

I let out a groan, the feeling of the back of the chair stabbing into my side wasn't helping with the aching feeling wash over my body as I landed on the hard-wooden furniture. I hiss at the feeling of a fresh new cut on my knee from scraping it on the marble floor.

"Shit!" I hear Clint yell behind me as I slowly raise myself to my hands and knees.

"I'm alright guys!" I try to reassure them, and myself.