Stark's New Years Bash

10:20 a.m. 31 December 2013, Avengers Tower

"HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE!"

I smile widely at the team once I spot them all lounging around the kitchen eating their breakfast. I skip over to the empty seat on the left side of the widow and sit down, immediately offered a plate full of bacon and fruit which I happily accept with a big smile from the red head.

I look over to Steve who sits down right next to me, offering him some of the food from my plate as I knew I wasn't going to eat all of it.

They always do this (Steve and Nat), even though they know I'm not much of a breakfast person. They always try to serve me more than I can chew as they claim it's, 'important I eat a good and healthy meal,' but I just call it rubbish.

Steve instantly accepts and starts getting some fruit with a spare fork. I look up as I see something being set beside my plate, a cup of fresh orange juice is sitting there looking amazing. I follow the hand that set it down and gave a big thankful smile to the archer as he shoots me a smile as well, rubbing the top of my head before he goes back into the kitchen to bring out drinks for everyone else. I can hear the sound of the juicer machine starting up again and figured he had to make more.

"So you guys excited for tonight? I know I am!" I grin before taking a bite from a piece of bacon.

I frown when Steve snatches the piece of bacon out of my hand and quickly gobbles the rest up. I was about to protest when he hands me another one which I gladly take.

"How is she so energetic right now?... better yet, why is she so energetic right now?" Stark pips up from his spot across the table.

"Hey!" I proclaim, obviously getting ignored.

"Yeah, she's energetic now. You should have seen her earlier, she was not the happiest gal in the world." Steve teases as he wraps an around the back of my chair, his hand instantly starts playing with my hair.

I nudge the plate over to Steve who happily takes it and starts eating the rest of the fruit that's left on the plate (as we both ate all the pieces of bacon already). I hum as he continues twirling strands of my hair in his hands while we all sit there peacefully while Clint and Thor are bringing more drinks out.

I thank Thor as he switches my cup for another one, he gives a playful slight bow and walks aways causing me to giggle at his antics while Nat shakes her head with a smirk before she continues doing whatever she's doing on her tablet.

She's probably looking at mission reports from S.H.I.E.L.D, again.

I am brought out of my thoughts by a nudge on my side. I look up to see Nat motioning her head over to the direction of our billionaire friend. I look over to see the older man staring at me with a raised brow and small smirk causing me to smile sheepishly in return.

"As I was saying, the theme is gold and black this year so make sure you all dress the part!" Stark informs us before getting up and waltzing away.

"Alright then." I hear Steve mutter, causing me to chuckle.

"Why did he only tell us now?... I mean, you think he would tell us before hand in case we weren't prepared, right?" Clint huffs.

"It's Stark. What else do you expect pigeon boy?" I respond.

"I mean, Mrs. America's got a point there, Clint." Nat pipes up, giving me a sly smirk from behind her tablet.

I send her a glare in return as my face heat up from the nickname she called me before I shift my glare to the archer which cto immediately clamp shut and dig back into his breakfast like nothing even happened, getting a satisfied smirk on my end and an impressed look from the red head sitting between us.