Starbucks and Lazy Day's at the Tower

2:30 a.m. 7 March 2013, Avengers Tower

I feel my body jolt up before my eyes can fully even open. The sweat making my hair stick to my forehead and my shirt stick to my back.

I look over at the clock resting on my nightstand as I try to control my erratic breathing. I slowly crawl out of bed, the freezing marble floor not registering like it always does as my mind is plagued from the recent nightmare/vision that has got me acting this way. My body felt like it was on autopilot as I stumble out of the once comfort of my room to the next room that is a few feet over on the left.

I don't even think I knocked, the only thing registering through my mind at the moment was the door sliding open silently, the figure laying in the bed peacefully doesn't appear to be aware of the intruder, at least until I accidently knocked into the shield as it rested against the wall by the door.

I automatically take a startled step back- not expecting the shield to be in my way, I mean to be fair I was walking against the wall as to not step on anything else specifically like shoes, but I should have known he wouldn't have things just lying around.

The figure shoots up, the alertness clear as the night sky. I felt regret flood through my scared body from waking the man from his needed sleep.

"Wha-?"

"I'm... I'm sorry. I didn' mean to wake you." My voice barely a whisper.

The man relaxes at the sound of my voice, he shuffles in the bed till he is sitting on the edge of the right side, patting over on the empty spot on his right as his body is turned facing me. I trail slowly over then plop myself down, leaning my head against the super soldiers arm as the tiredness from before seeps back in.

"'nother nightmare?" His voice raspy with a hint of husk to it from being unused for the past five and a half hours.

I just nod my head, not feeling like talking about it this time. I just wanted to stay here for a bit in the man's comfort-at least, that's what the plan was. I feel myself falling back on the bed and instantly shoot back up to only be stopped by an arm that's circled around my waist. I realized that as I was sitting there dozing off that the super soldier had moved back to his spot on his bed, bringing me with him and waking me in the process.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep." I mumble tiredly.

"It's alright doll, don't worry 'bout it. You can just sleep here... that's if it's alright with you?" His voice dripping with drowsiness as each word comes out.

"Mmm," I just barely get out a response as I feel the heavy blanket of sleep get to me again and this time allowing the blonde to pull me back on the bed till I am laying down beside him on his left hand side. Facing the window.

The last thing my fuzzy mind can register is one of his soft hands brushing strands of hair out of my face as I let the warmth of his body and his heavenly scent ease my mind.

•••

Unlike earlier, my eyes are the first thing to work as I wake up from the most peaceful sleep I've had since ending up here.

I look around the side of the room that I can see from my spot on the left side of the bed, the wall length window pouring in the sunlight from the overhead sun as the day just tired lying.

I let a content sigh leave my lips as the warmth radiates all over my back and stomach, meaning that the super soldier was still lying down next to me. I was a bit surprised he wasn't already out and about as it reads six-thirty a.m. on my watch.

I slowly look over my shoulder to see Steve asleep, his long beautiful eyelashes laying on his smooth fair skin-hiding those baby blue eyes with specks of green in them, his dirty blonde hair slowly growing out-spread out in soft strands over his pillow- from my small suggestion to him growing out hair.