Christmas with the Avengers

6:50 a.m. 25 December 2013, Avengers Tower

I wake up to being gently nudged awake causing me to slowly flutter my eyes open and work my foggy mind to see the blurry form of my super- soldier companion's baby blue eyes staring kindly back down at me.

"G'morning, sweetheart." He smiles, gently brushing a stray hair out of my face. "Merry Christmas."

A smile makes its way on my lips at the sight of my best friend, giving him a small wave as I mumble incoherent words back to the super-soldier before rubbing my tired eyes in hopes of getting rid of the groggyness, and to wake myself up.

I slowly roll over more to the right, patting the spot I was just laying in and in response I feel bed dip as the man easily gets himself comfortable like he's always done for the past eleven months. I let out a small groan when I look over at the clock on my night stand to see it was only about to be seven in the morning. I ignore the chuckle leaving the man beside me as I roll back over until I'm snuggled up into his side, wrapping an arm over him as I try to got more sleep in me before we deal with the craziness of today and the others.

A content sigh leave my lips as I feel his arms pull me tightly against him, practically pulling me on top of him. If I was more awake, usually I would have been a bit embarrassed at the situation we were now in but then again, we have been a bit more cuddly than we usually are. Not to mention, I always enjoy these moments with him.

"Still sleepy then?" Steve hums as he starts to run his fingers through my hair.

"Mhm, just a few more minutes, please." I mutter against his chest.

This gets another chuckle from the man as I continue to lay there relaxed with my eyes closed. Yet, that doesn't last long though as I feel him start to shuffle around causing my eyes to flutter open. I lazily watch as Steve slowly gets up-as if not to wake me- before turning back to face me,he opens his mouth to speak when he gets cut off.

"Mr. Rogers, Mr. Stark is requesting you and miss Delgado up to join the others." J.A.R.V.I.S voices speaks softly through the room.

Steve sighs gently, sending me a soft smile before responding to the AI.

"Alright J.A.R.V.I.S we'll be up in a bit, thanks."

"Of course, sir... also, Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas J." I grin up at the ceiling before sitting up.

"Well, I'm up now." I chuckle as I turn to my dirty-blonde head companion.

"Shall we?" He jokes as he motions to the door with his head.

I happily trudge after him- making sure I slip on my matching crocs as I quickly run my fingers throughmyhair- and happily accept him linking our hands together without a word as we step into the elevator. I hum along to the (surprising) Christmas music that starts playing as we make our way to the common room.

As soon as we step out, we see that everyone is already awake and instantly start to greet each other 'good morning's' and ,'Merits Christmas' as we enjoy the made breakfast from (a very jolly) Clint before slinking over to the common room and sitting around the tree to start opening up gifts.

I smile widely as I take in the sight of my new family all still sporting their pajamas, Christmas hats, and chattering excitedly with one another. I break out of my thoughts when I feel myself get pulled into the redhead’s side who is sat on my left.

"You want me to fix up this crazy problem of yours, маленькая звезда?" She asks as she pats my wild bed hair.

"Yes, please." I joke, gaining a chuckle in return from both the widow, and the super-soldier on the other side of me.