Building Trust

12:10 p.m. 2 March 2013, Avengers Tower

Well to say that the rest of the day yesterday was an interesting experience would be an understatement as I got interrogated by the pirate himself for a solid three hours before Nat came to my rescue from almost dying from boredom and starvation. I mean don't get me wrong, he is a cool dude after the whole interrogating thing and realizing that I'm not a threat but the way he first reacted when I walked in with Steve made me realize that this is more serious than I play it out to be, and that I have to be ready at any moment to defend myself if there was ever a reason to.

•••

11:02 a.m. 1 March, Avengers Tower

I look up at Steve to get a reassuring smile as we stand in front of the door of the room where the meeting is being held. I didn't have time to say anything as the door swings open with a red head standing in front of it, looking at us with a stoic look but I can see in her eyes that she is trying to keep a calm look as she, herself, didn't know what was going to happen.

As soon as I stepped inside the room I can feel the atmosphere shift to one of serious and a bit uneasiness. I'm not sure if the uneasiness was from me or the others but I tried to keep my cool and hope that Fury doesn't try and lock me away in some cell like he did with Loki.

I scuttle over and sit between Steve-whose on my left, and Nat who is on my right hand side. I feel a hand grab ahold of mine, giving it a gentle squeeze before it starts to let go. I instantly grab ahold of it, not wanting them to let go as the gesture brings me comfort from the anxiety creeping up at the daggers that the director is throwing my way.

"Now that you are all here. Does someone want to explain to me why I wasn't informed there was another resident in the tower that is neither an Avenger nor from this world, entirely?"

I look up in surprise that he knew that, wondering how he found out as everyone else sported a look of surprise as well.

"Oh yes Ms. Delgado, I know all about you." He informs, taking a step towards my direction.

"Uh, yeah I would like to ask." Stark remarks, raising his hand in the air like we are in a classroom. "How exactly did you know about this information? Or really her existence in general?" He lazily walks over to Fury then slouches in the seat across from Cap.

"Well Stark. I was informed by a trusted attendy who happened to stop by here a couple of days ago and spotted her," he points at me as he continued to stare down Tony, "walking out of the building with our very own super soldier on her tails."

"Hill." Stark starts, "Of course I should have known you sent your little side kick over to spy on us when we were granted the so called 'privacy' you gave us when we all agreed to move in here." Tony's attitude already getting to Nick who looked ready to throw him out the window himself.

"Wait, you have been spying on us?" Cap perks up at that, a look of discomfort forming across his features.

"Wow Nick, that's a new low. Even for you." Nat comments smoothly, still leaning back in her chair with her feet resting on the glass table.

"It was just a precaution- you guys have been very quiet and laying low- that I had to make sure you weren't off doing stupid ass things," he applies, more to Tony who just waves. "and jeopardizing your reputation." He looks a bit more calmer as he realized they weren't alright with the whole 'Hill spying on them' thing.

"So what you're saying is, that you assumed since we had nothing to do the past couple of weeks after defending the entire world from an alien invasion only eight months ago plus the small occasional threats here and there, that you didn't trust us having a time off?" Clint scoffs as he adjusted his hearing aids again.