01

Hey,

I know it has been long since I've written anything in here mostly because nothing good seemed to be happening and as you already know, my life is not as much entertaining even as compared to a 75 year old lady.

But finally something good happened. I think I am finally achieving my dreams which I have wanted to since I was in sixth grade. I am finally off to NEW YORK RN.

Yes, you heard it right. New York Baby!!! I am currently on my flight with my best friend, Tanisha. We are so excited to finish our bucket list from all those years ago. And now I think I got to go and accompany her since she's already shooting me death glares for being too much on my phone. Have a good day! And I hope we land safely!!

I switch on the aeroplane mode of my phone and take out my headphones- "You are not going to listen to any music while leaving me alone. We are watching a movie. Buckle up!!" Tanisha says while tapping on the screen in front of us.

I know what you all are thinking. In every story, how can the girl be so rich? To assure you, we are not rich. We both belong in middle-class families and we are flying to New York from Kolkata which is a city in India. Not much flights are available to New York, so the only flight available was the Emirates which are pretty darn expensive here.

"I would love to see some sad teen movies if they have one", I say while scrolling through the screen.

"You basically have the same taste in movies for the past five years." Tanisha sarcastically says while munching on the caramel popcorn.

I roll my eyes at her. We are not 'best friends'. I won't call us that. According to her, we are each other's 'soulmates' because why not. We've been friends since we were 11 years old and we've been inseparable since then.

"Ooh ooh wait!!!" Tanisha says while pushing my fingers out of the screen while she types in.

I look out the window and see that we were slowly moving. My heart started beating uncontrollably loud. I do a quick prayer which is like basically a thing I learnt from my mother.

To pray whenever we go on a journey. Typical Indian Stereotypes.

I see that Tanisha has chosen the One Direction documentary: This Is Us which is by far one of my most favorite documentaries apart from Miss Americana and Wonder. I have already watched it like a million times but it never fails to make me freaking happy.

I check the time for one last time before snuggling in with my 'soulmate' to watch the movie: 9:48 p.m 21st July, 2020.

I could feel someone shaking me. Not another school day. I groan. Suddenly a loud unexpected voice comes at me,

"Wake up idiot. We are landing in 10 mins in Dubai." I quickly sit up and slowly look around trying to take in everything. My brain is currently a jam right now. I look beside to see Tanisha sitting beside me. I squint my eyes at her.

Currently, I was thinking whether it was day or night. As soon as I check my phone, it hits me that we were on our way to New York. I know. I know. I am slow and clumsy and a bit dumb.

But hey! I used to get pretty good marks so don't take me as the stupid type yet. I can be pretty mature and clever. Just not yet.

"You've got drool on your face. Yew. I can't imagine how I am going to live with you since you basically have a mini memory loss after every nap you take." Tanisha mutters while gathering all our belongings.

I roll my eyes at her. Very Funny.

We soon make our way into the airport to collect our bags. It was 7:45 in the morning and I quickly called my parents to let them know that we had safely landed in Dubai. Our next flight was supposed to be around 10, so we had plenty of time to relax and have breakfast.

After much hassle, we are safely sitting in the food court. I had slightly injured my shoulder while lifting a heavy bag of my friend.

Geez. What did she have so much in just a bag. I was honestly surprised we weren't charged for overweight bags.

"Okay. So the realization is finally setting in. We are headed to New York!!" I squeal with excitement and nervousness.

Tanisha laughs, "At least we are out of India, that's one good thing. We can pretty much do whatever we want now."

Finally. Whatever we want now.

I quickly pull out a diary from my backpack and a pen and tick off a task:

1. Fly with each other. Alone.

"No no." Tanisha says while quickly grabbing the diary and strikes through the task. "That's a different kind of satisfaction. Crossing tasks from your list. Ah!"

I smile at her. We have changed so much in the past 4 years. But one thing has remained constant: Our Bond. Even though we were at different schools when we were in our senior year, we stayed connected throughout the 2 years determined to make our promise last.

We had made this bucket list a few years ago all of a sudden and we were still sticking with it planning to complete each and every thing.

After a satisfactory breakfast with both of us planning what to do once we land, I am currently now just sitting cross-legged on the metal chairs trying to make eye-contact with a cute guy just opposite me.

Fun fact: I've never had a boyfriend. Like there was a boy once but you know he was not really my 'boyfriend'. I've never even had a proper kiss. I know, I am boring to say the least. But, well! I can be pretty fun if I find the right person.

I open social media and just scroll through it. Endless scrolling and nothing which grabs my attention tbh. Btw, Shawn and Camila just got engaged. About Time. I remember the time I was obsessed with Shawn and always dreamt of marrying him as a teen. Very me.

I want to think of myself as a mature woman now. But my family would disagree.

Let's provide you all some latest hot gossip now that I am just bored as shit:

Gigi and Zayn broke up two years ago fr. The world was really broken. I was devastated because they were my OTP. And now, I've given up on love.
As you already know, I have never had a boyfriend let alone kissed.

Poor single Me!!

Soon, I overhear the announcement of boarding our flight comes in and I immediately try to wake up Tanisha. She shoots me a nasty look from waking her up from a blissful sleep.

My heart was finally full. Coming so close to my dream, I couldn't help but chuckle and think that mini-me would be definitely proud of how far I've come.

Just a few more steps and I would be on the flight to fulfill my dreams...

I really want this story to have the full journey like from A-Z details and I would love it if you all can bear with it. HA!!!

A small tip: Tanisha is actually my best friend's name or as you may say 'soulmate' ;))

Word count: 1261