32

Emma Winston

"I can't believe you haven't ever watched The Office." Zayn calls me out and I make a guilty face suppressing a laugh, "What can I do? I was too hung up on Friends." 

"I know Friends is iconic and superior but still that doesn't explain your reason of never giving The Office a chance." I laugh at him getting so hyped up about a small detail. 

"You make it sound like it is a crime." 

"It is a crime, dude!!" He almost yells in excitement and I slap my head with my hand. I was currently driving after trying to convince Zayn for the past hour. He had been driving for the past two hours while either I was sleeping or annoying him or trying to find ways to kiss him. 

Cheeky me, I know. 

He was currently relaxing on the passengers seat but still alert. But he had to admit that I was a damn good driver, almost better than him. I knew how to abide the traffic laws and everything unlike him speeding unnecessarily. 

I had learnt so many unknown facts about him that I never thought I would. Just over the line facts, not too deep or personal but nevertheless it was fun. 

"Can I ask you uh... some deep questions?" As soon as I say that he nods not understanding the depth of my questions. 

I clear my throat trying to come off with a stronger scent, "Since.. since when have you been in this?" He freezes beside me. I feel him genuinely freezing beside me making me sneak glance. 

He is sitting idly almost pretending that he didn't hear me. I wait for him not daring to overstep even though I think I had already overstepped. 

But a part of me wanted to know. He knew every detail of me and all I knew about him were things he wanted me to know. And I appreciated that but. 

"Never mind, just forget I asked." I tell him trying to make him relax once again but then he says, "Hold up, I want to tell you but I am just trying to frame the right way to answer that." 

I was probably bringing up bad memories with this question. Suddenly his phone rings and he quickly accepts it keeping the phone on speaker, "Oi oi where are you all?" Louis' thick accented voice makes Zayn check the GPS, "Just another hour I guess?" 

"Still an hour, we have already reached. Why are you guys so late?" 

I check my watch and see that it was only 1 in the afternoon, "We just stopped a couple of time." I answer for Zayn making Zayn widen his eyes and I mouth a what. 

"For what? Were you fucking on the empty roads? Because honestly that's not hygienic and also unhealthy to say-" As soon as he says that, I almost choke on the oxygen I was breathing and look towards Zayn understanding his previous reaction. 

Zayn quickly takes the phone off speaker and mutters some yeah and no and finally cutting the call, "Remind me to never put my phone on speaker especially with Louis." I laugh at his remark.

I am driving the car peacefully momentarily glancing at Zayn.

But then suddenly he says, "I was forced to be into this." He totally takes me by surprise.

"What do you mean forced?" I ask him wondering the hell happened.

I check my speed limit and drive carefully my eyes on the road but my ears ready for his story.

"It was around 2014. And they were forcing us but the five of us, we didn't want to." He keeps on talking in a low voice making me strain my ears to clearly hear him. "I fell so sick with all the blackmailing and pressure. And I wanted-I honestly wanted to give up."