14

Emma Winston

The night was really cold considering it was only the first week of September.

There had been a sweatshirt in front of my door earlier in the day. Someone had kept it for me and I knew it belonged to one of the guys. How much they were tough, they knew when to take care. They weren't ruthless monsters.

I was wearing that sweatshirt. It was extremely warm with large pockets. The sweatshirt reached to my mid-thighs.

The word obsession was stitched neatly at the front.

The guys were inside talking to themselves meanwhile I was sitting near the pool with my feet up on the table with a drink in one of my hand.

They mostly had beer but Harry had gone out and bought red wine for me. I was extremely grateful to him for being so attentive towards me.

"You are gonna get sick." A raspy voice comes from the behind. I turn around and it was harry standing simply in a black shirt.

"Yes, but you love taking care of me." I sweetly say to him making him smile at me. "That I cannot deny." He replies with a cheeky smile.

He sits with his toes dipped in the cold water while I watch him from afar. "Aren't you feeling cold?" I ask him.

Hearing me, his gaze slips to the sweatshirt and he says, "I don't feel cold. I kinda like this weather." He mumbles.

"Thank you." I say to him. He jerks his head towards me, "For what?"

"For the wine obviously." I tell him.

He laughs in a manner as if he was thinking something else. "What? Am I missing a joke?" I ask him loudly. He merely shakes his head.

Soon we were joined by the rest of the band. I take my feet off from the table since it seemed a bit disrespectful.

"So we were thinking that maybe we could, you know announce that we are coming back?" Louis tells me.

"So quickly?" I ask them.

"It's going to be a reunion tour only. And then we will start recording and releasing the first album. So we have much time." Liam says.

"Yes, but don't forget that you all are gonna be shit ton of 'special works' too you know." I make air quotes making all of them laugh.

"I am excited." Zayn lets out smiling making me smile too.

"Wait a second", I tell them, "Are you coming back for the mission or like genuinely?"

"Emma, just because we do something apart from singing doesn't make us miss the band which helped us to become what we are today." Harry replies with the others nodding in approval.

"We all pitched some ideas on how to make the announcement." Niall says. I sit up excited, "What were the ideas?"

"Well, one of them was that we could do a video diary on those exact stairs." Louis says making me smile so hard.

"That would be perfect." I tell them.

"Please none of us can edit that good. And we are having limited crews..you know..." Liam tells me.

"So we've decided a simple but an effective way." Harry tells me grabbing his phone from the table.

The guys take up their respective phone and logs in to their account.

I shift towards Zayn who was sitting the closes to me. Suddenly the guys phone chirps with a notification.

It was Harry tweeting: Hellooo

And then a notification from Louis: We

And then it was Niall: are

Then Liam: ONE

But Zayn's tweet doesn't come through. Was he not joining them and would be undercover or something like that.

I look at him in confusion. He merely winks at me. I could see floods of messages pouring about how the introduction was incomplete and if it was a clue or not.

And then out of nowhere, Zayn hits tweet: DIRECTION.

That was the plan all along. The four of them would be making half of the introduction and the people will be upset that Zayn won't be joining after all. And then, he will surprise them.

Genius Inventive move.

As soon as the tweets are out and they literally break the internet in a matter of few minutes, all of the boys erupts in cheers and laughter. They all pick up their bottles for a toast.

I pick mine too and our glass and bottles clink together: "To One Direction" I let out.

They all looked so happy almost as if the fetus boys were back. And a part of me swelled up in such joy that I wanted to scream so loud.

I whisper to Zayn, "I want to scream in happiness, Z". He laughs out loud and drags me to the edge of the pool with the boys following suit.

Louis shouts out of nowhere: "WE ARE BACK!!!!"

Making all of us shout at the same time: "One Direction's back, bitches."

And we keep on shouting until our lungs burn. We keep on shouting. And at that moment, I realise how much I would be missing this moment. At that moment, I laugh and cry to myself because the people whose songs made me feel at home were finally back.

For good.

This time with none of our sadness being our excuse, Zayn holds my hand tightly. And I look over at him and I feel nothing but happiness and joy overwhelming me. It was an adrenaline rush that my body has been yearning for.

At that exact moment, all six of us, standing so close to the edge of the pool, daring for the inevitable... We were infinite.

The guys were still cheering but Zayn was just looking over at me. And he says my exact same words, "We are infinite Emma."

His words make me lean forward a bit in anticipation and he does too. And we were close and I was feeling that type of high again.

And the crazy thing was that, I wanted to be close to him. I wanted him. His lips on mine.

And I thought we might,

"Guys we should get back, I'm feeling cold" Harry says to all of us making our moment disappear.

Making us feel disappointed. I looked at his face and his eyes had dropped down to the floor knowing what might've happened.

But not wanting to feel said, I whisper, "We are infinite, Zayn."

He smiles at me with his twinkling brown eyes. With the rush still on me, I swiftly swoop down and softly kiss him on the cheeks.

We were infinite.

//

Fuck I might cry?