16

TW: Violence

Emma Winston

Louis' had an extremely elegant car. I could make out that it was a vintage one and probably belonged to one of his ancestors since Tomlinson was engraved in the front.

He was wearing black sunglasses and staring straight out of the road.

"I like your voice a lot. It's really underrated." I strike up a conversation. "Oh thanks love." And he is quiet.

I was merely taking him to the pharmacy store, was it really that bad?

"If you want, we can go back and bring Niall or Liam." I suggest to him. He just shakes his head no continuing our drive.

I realised that we were located pretty deep into the city because no stores or any living beings were in sight. Maybe this was a plan all along. At least we were safe and not getting attacked.

Now that the boys had already announced their end of hiatus, this felt much more safer. I look over at Louis noticing his lower lip slightly quivering.

Was he crying? To a simple trip to the store?

"Are you crying, Lou?" I gently ask.

"Don't call me that." He suddenly yells making me jump in my seat.

I don't speak anything more and remain silent.

After a whole what seemed like ten minutes he quietly says, " I just... I used to accompany my sister Félicité... whenever she used to get her period or stuffs. And she always used to ask me to take her... But it's been like... Six years since I haven't. And I shouldn't be feeling so triggered by this... But fuck I do."

I knew all too well the story of Félicité Tomlinson. The internet broke knowing the news because just two years prior Louis had lost his mum.

"It never gets easy." I say to him gently.

"Have you lost someone you love?" He asks me. "I have many people in life but if you are talking of death had snatched a loved one, then yes. Recently."

"What?"

"I said that I had lost many people-" I start over. But then Louis interrupts me.

"Wait a sec. What do you mean by recently? Who died recently Emma?" He asks me confusion written all over his face.

"A friend." I quietly ask not wanting to talk about it, "Can we please not talk about it?" I request to him and he instantly nods his head within a second.

He knew the boundaries and he knew when to stop. I appreciated that.

Soon, I could make out the distant outlines of all the stores.

"Did you bring your gun?" Louis asks me.

Was I supposed to?

"You are carrying a gun right now!?" I loudly yell at him.

He shushes me, "It's legal now to carry guns with us."

"Yes. But it's illegal to kill someone." I fire back.

"Relax, I am not killing anyone." He says in a cocky tone that I have difficulty to believe. "Maybe a mosquito for satisfaction?" He jokes.

"Just don't bring the gun into the store. Please." I request him. It's weird walking into a store knowing that a gun with us.

Guns are harmful. Revolvers are harmful. A simple mistake can take an innocent's life. I have learnt my lesson and I am not going to risk messing things up again.