05

Listen to this song by The Score for the intensity

I was still on the edge of my seat watching Zayn intently. He looked angry in a calm way. I could see him fidget with his fingers the way I do. I take in his features. I notice how the sweat beads were clouding beside his eyebrows. I notice his tattoos glistening in the dark. I could feel him humming a known tune.

I look out of the car and see that we were dangerously close to the end of the path and it all seemed like a cliff. Suddenly Louis stops the car and gets off. Everyone follows suit. But as soon as I make way to open the door, Zayn grips my wrist and says. "Stay here."

It seemed like a warning.

I could make out their outlines in the dark. And it seemed like Louis was going to kill Zayn.

I was sweating and watched intently how both of their chests were really close as if they were soon to be engaged in a fight.
The others were looking at them like hawks.

And suddenly Louis took a hold of Zayn's shirt and the other boys were rushing to keep them apart.

I don't even realise me getting out of the car and rushing off to them.

"Quit it." I yell with everything freezing hearing my voice.

"What's your fucking problem? Can't you listen to me even once?" Zayn angrily growls at me.

"What's the actual problem?"

Liam whispers something into Zayn's voice and waits for his reply.

Suddenly Niall who was the quietest spoke up, "Maybe she can help? She is already here."

Zayn murmurs something that only the boys can hear.

Harry clears his voice. "Beyond this cliff there's a flyover. And we need to get onto that flyover so that we can't be traced. If we take other routes, CCTV footages can easily spot us and we can't risk that. We need a plan."

My brain seemed like to be in a jam after hearing what Harry explained. I felt like a mob trying to run away.

"We have to cover the plate up or draw up another number plate of the car. And we have to jump off the bridge." I don't recognise my own voice.

Suddenly I hear a rustle coming from the road behind.
Zayn was opening his mouth to say something. I immediately motion him to be quiet.

"That's some girl you've got there. Or should I rather say, some girl you have stolen." There was a man in a leather jacket with the front pockets of them being burned with the initials D.Z.

I try to repress my confusion. I cannot afford my fear to take control of me.

I mutter the same line I always do.

I am strong
I can do it
Breathe
You will be fine

"Why don't you go back to that dirty place from where you came from, Jade?" Louis shouts.

"I will. Once you hand me the girl."
I whip my head towards the boys expressing my confusion.

"No one is going to touch her." Harry says while slithering beside me.

There were many men lurking in the shadows ready to pounce on us. I could feel it.

I say in a low voice, "There are more of them."

Harry merely nods.
Suddenly Zayn breathes in my neck and slowly says, "There's a knife in your back pocket. This is your moment. Seize it."

I freeze hearing the familiar words. I try to turn my head at him but Harry warns me with his intense eyes.

Suddenly in a flash, there were six men pointing their guns at us. The boys were charging towards them and I saw Harry tackling a man with a pocket knife.

There was a man nearing me and all I could feel was the heavy weight of the knife in my back pocket.

In a flash of an instant, my knife was plunged into his carotid artery and he was motionless with his mouth sprouting blood which spilled on my clothes.

I was still but soon I could hear shouts and saw that Harry was gravely injured by a gunshot wound.

I take my knife out from the man's busted artery and race towards Harry who was sprawled on the ground and was being repeatedly hit by man.

Maybe it was the fight or flight hormones that kicked in, but my instincts made me do something which I had never imagined myself to ever do.

I threw my knife towards the man and before the man could process the knife hurling towards him, it had already hit him square in his eyes with his eyeballs hanging. I scream at the sight of the man with him screaming and clutching his eyes.

Liam immediately runs off to the man and strikes him three times immediately killing him.

Coming back to my senses, I run towards Harry's motionless body. I check his pulse and sigh in relief.

"You can't close your eyes. You get me?? You need to open your eyes and stay alive." I shout at him oblivious to the fight that was happening behind me.

"Drive the car." Zayn shouts at me.

The keys were dangling in the ignition and I immediately start the car and drive towards Harry. I drag him up into the car with all the possible strength I could muster up. The car was splashed with Harry's blood which was all on my clothes.

I drive it to the edge of the cliff waiting for the boys. Suddenly, I remember my knife into the guy's and make a run for it. He was laying under a tree. Closing my eyes, I take out the knife which was covered in blood. Out of nowhere, I could feel someone slashing a part of my skin away. I turn away to see that the man named Jade had practically slashed my arm away with his deadly knife.

With the unbearable pain, I kick him in the shin causing him great pain. I run towards the car clutching my right arm which was bleeding heavily.

I sit in the driver's seat and honk numerous times. After what seemed like an eternity, with my mind already hearing sirens the boys get in the car.

I start the car and in an instant speed, drive the car off the cliff. I clutch the hand I could find in the passenger seat terrified.

Our car thuds on the flyover bridge with the glass windows cracking.

I could see that a speeding bike was appearing from the rear view camera and I needed him to slow down or else only one thing would happen.

But if only. With the bike flying down at the highest speed, the windows of the car starts breaking down and shards of glass fly towards us with most of them of my side flying into my bleeding skin that no one had yet noticed.

I drive the car at the fastest speed with the boys throwing directions for me to drive. I find myself nearing a huge stadium.

"Guys, there's a closed door. Should I drive the car into it?" I yell with panicked eyes.

"It will open on it's own." Someone shouts.
And as soon as our car is near the metal doors, they automatically open and swallow us into utter darkness.

Word Count: 1276 words

//

Fuck intense much?