07

A few weeks later

My wound has been slowly healing and I've been forced to handle myself really delicately. Harry has been the only one to talk to me properly and occasionally strike up a conversation with me. Apart from that, nothing interesting seemed to happen and I was still clueless of what was ahead of me.

I walk down the stairs to the main living room but I suddenly stop at the middle of the stairs. I could hear them arguing in a whisper. I realized that they were most definitely talking about me.

Trying my hardest not to eavesdrop, I climb down the stairs and greet them with a loud hey. As soon as I do that, their conversation stops real quick and they merely glance between Zayn and me.

"What's up guys? It feels like you've been talking about me." I ask them with the most innocent expression ever.

"So there's something we want to tell you", Zayn says clearly. "Shut it. If once you tell her, you know how dangerous it is going to be." Louis fires at Zayn.

"I think we didn't just kidnap her for you guys to look at her you know", Zayn mutters. 

I feel tensed. Maybe finally they will disclose about why I am actually here instead of keeping me in the dark.

"I want to know." I yell at them making them go quiet. Louis looks at me and with narrowed eyes says, "It doesn't matter what You want to know. Everything's up to us." I feel my jaws tighten at his words.

Suddenly Harry pipes in, "I think she deserves to know."

I mouth a thank you at him and he winks at me.

"We should all just sit down and be civil about this." Liam says and I mentally agree with him. He is the only one always trying to withhold peace among the boys. It's like he is the glue holding them together. If he wasn't here, I think they would've gone to jail a few hundred times maybe. 

I sit beside Harry with Zayn opposite me. He seemed tense and I could clearly sense it because he was fidgeting with his fingers and frequently glancing at the clock.

"Ok now hit me." I say sitting up straight with confidence.

Everyone is quiet for a moment but then it's Louis who says,

"You've been hired to kill."

I laugh out aloud, "You mean kidnapped to kill? I mean I already knew you guys were going to kill me but so soon, I thought things were getting better-"

I was cut off by Niall, "You will Not be killed. You will kill people. For us."

I could feel my heart racing by what Niall just said. My ears were seemingly red I could feel it. But all I could concentrate was the thumping of my heart in my ears as if it was going to explode.

I was looking at all of them not letting my emotions get the best of me. They were not expressing anything as if it was regular of them to just hand out such jobs to normal innocent people. 

"What the fuck!?" is the only thing I am able to say. I feel like I've been plucked from my daily life and thrown into a movie script with all the plot twists and actions.

"We have a plan and you are going to be apart of it." Zayn says. My palms are all sweaty and I feel suffocated with the conversation I've just been a part of.

"Can I get some time to digest this?" I ask them.

"We are kind of in a tight schedule so you need to stop with all your whining and listen to the whole thing for fuck's sake." Zayn half shouts at me. I don't even register him being angry.