18

This was a double update. Read chapter 17 first.

Play Still By Niall Horan please?

Emma Winston

It's been quite a few days after the incident. Mostly, I have been up in my room reading some of the books and writing some songs. The boys had been talking to me more than usual maybe trying comfort me.

Apart from Louis and Zayn.

I understand why Louis has been avoiding me but Zayn. He was fine with me and was even there. He actually listened to me that day even after I was filled with anger and yelled at him.

I hope I didn't hurt him and I don't even remember anything.

I have been trying to forget that day. Some of the events keep coming back. The images keep flashing in my mind and the look of horror clearly reflected on Louis' voice.

He was paralyzed that day seeing me lose control that day. I can totally feel it. I really wanted to have a talk with him.

If it wasn't for me, Louis might've still had his gun and he might not have seen me like a heartless monster that day.

I hear a soft knock on my door and I mutter a small come in. The door opens and in comes Harry. He sees me lying on the floor scribbling.

"What are you doing?" He asks me and I don't even bother to reply. He sits beside me and looks into my small notebook taking in all the words.

"You have an amazing talent." He tells me and I just mouth a thank you.

I look up at him and see that he was wearing a red flannel shirt and black skinny jeans with his sunglasses still on his eyes. "I didn't think my room was so sunny." I say making him laugh.

"I know. I just want to take you somewhere." He says making me shake my head vigorously. "I am not going out. Please."

"It's not outside. It's in our area only. A secret spot might I add which I only know." He winks at me playfully.

I try to find reasons to say no to him but my mind doesn't find any. It was in the house only and well, it was Harry. I didn't need to have any filter with him.

I could say anything and he won't mind much. Maybe, I don't know.

"Fine. Let's go." I give in standing up from the mess.

We both come out of the house and instead of walking towards any exits, he takes me by surprise while walking to the back of the house.

"Are you taking to kill me?" I ask him with humour. "Don' sweat it, I might have even brought my gun." He plays along with me making me laugh.

Finally after a whole lot of secret passageways and doors, we are in front of a large door.

"The thing which is behind that closed door might change your perspective of life-" He starts saying making me punch playfully in the arms. "I don't need any lecture about life, mister."

He opens the door which opens with a creak. The doors seemed to be made of old wood making me think that the house might have been really old and the boys might have renovated it. Giving the house a modern touch.

As the door opens wide, my jaw drops and I gasp in surprise.

I could make out the clear skylines of New York city with many famous building coming into view. I look at him smiling so bright and he laughs too.

"Oh my god, how did you find this?" I ask him loudly. "Just some digging." He mumbles. I felt really happy after a long time. I was seeing the New York for the first time since coming here.

It was a spectacular view.

I jump towards him and wrap him in a tight hug, "Thank you thank you thank you." I say to him making him laugh uncontrollably.

It seemed like a type of balcony and the ground was covered with artificial grass carpet. Some lights were also attached to the railings for the night.

I could see a part of the New York but surprisingly I couldn't hear the noise of traffic but I try not think about that.

We both sit on the carpet together and don't say anything. I take in the fresh air and breathe. I felt so free even though I wasn't. But a part of me felt so light.

We don't talk. We just sit and take in the amazing view.

"Do you hate me on what I am becoming?" I ask him extremely quiet hoping he won't hear but he does. He turns to look at me with confused eyes.

"What are you becoming?" Harry asks me.

"A monster?" I reply quietly biting my lips.

"Emma, to me you are the brightest, happiest, positive person I've ever met in my life. You are like a butterfly making my life a bit more cheerful."

I keep quiet allowing him to talk.

"We all have flaws and scars. Don't let that define who you are." Making me smile, he flashes me a bright wide smile.

"Thank you." I tell him once again both of us slipping into the quietness. After some quite few minutes Harry suddenly speaks up,

"It's your birthday tomorrow." He smiles at me taking me by surprise. "How do you even know that?" I ask him.

"I have got my ways." He says sneakily.

"Can you believe it? I am turning old." I says laughing. He laughs, "Jeez. You are just 22."

I look at him and there's such a positive vibe radiating from him. He smiles at me and I smile back at him.

"It's such a good day." I say while concentrating on the blue cloudless sky. The sun was shining brightly on us.

"Can I say something?" Harry asks.

"No."

"I am going to say anyways." I chuckle at him and lightly hit him in the shoulders.

"You are the best friend I never ever had." As soon as Harry says it, it makes me feel warm. It has been a long time since someone acknowledged me as their best friend.

Without saying much, he just hugs me the way I love being hugged.

Harry Styles is a person who loves to hug and who loves to give away free hugs.

"Maybe we can dance a bit? I feel like dancing." I ask him.

"Dance!? There's no music." Harry asks me clearly bewildered by the idea of dancing. I know he hates dancing.

"Dance with me and pretend the world doesn't exist?" I ask him pleadingly.

He stands up and gives me his hand which I gracefully accept. I wait and on cue there was Harry singing. The song seemed familiar but it just strike me where I have heard it previously. But forgetting everything, we circle each other with our gazes being locked. Harry was stiff.

"Loosen up a bit, Styles. I am just training you when you have to dance with a girl you love." I laugh.

He starts laughing with me in between singing. God, him singing felt like a different kind of heaven.

He places his hand on my waist while I place mine on his shoulder. Everything felt peaceful and calm. Together we danced to the soft music, our feet in perfect sync to the angelic voice of his.

As the song progressed, I could feel Harry relax, "This is my first time dancing with a girl."

I just laugh out loud and everything slowly falls into places. He thought of me as his best friend and I also start thinking him as mine and he was perfect. As perfect as a human can be.

One thing was for sure, I felt incredibly lucky to be his first time dancing.

After the song ends, I hug him tightly and whisper, "You are my best friend and I love you."

He just looks at me as if I was the most marvellous creature ever.

//

I loved writing this part so much.