09

I strongly advise you to listen to this song while reading this. Important

Emma Winston

We were both frozen on the stop with an awkward tension dawning upon us. I hated the tension.

I was suddenly conscious of my exposed legs in the mini shorts. These ended on my thighs.

Niall couldn't get any longer shorts? Maybe he bought these intentionally, who knew?

I could feel his gaze piercing me. His eyes travelled to my clothes. Since I have been brought up here, I have been wearing either that yellow sundress or my jeans and shirt.

I clear my throat and his eyes instantly snap back to mine. "I was just making some coffee." I say in a weird tone that I don't even recognize my own voice. This was the result of not talking for so long, my voice always took a weird turn.

"I needed coffee too." He says while grabbing a cup from the upper shelves of the kitchen. He passes me a blue mug.

I look into the coffee pot and I realize that there won't be enough coffee for both of us. He seemed to sense it, "Just have your coffee and I'll make me one."

I almost wanted to agree it but then I look at him and I notice him fidgeting with his fingers. He was nervous. I notice his black shirt sticking to his chest due to sweat. Was he having a bad dream?

"Don't worry, I'll make for both of us." As soon as I say it, he lets out a breath and I watch him take a seat in the kitchen aisle.

I tear open one more coffee sachet and pour it in. I take a seat opposite him and watching him being nervous makes me kinda nervous. I soon start picking at my nails.

"Can we talk?" Zayn asks me. Oh god yes. That's what I have been wanting to do since I have been here but you have been ignoring me like I never existed.

"Yes yes." I say and I let out a chuckle. "That sounded so desperate." I add.

"No, it's fine. I have been treating you like crap since we brought you here." Zayn apologises. I am clearly shocked to see the sudden change in his heart in a matter of just few hours.

With the coffee done, I pour it into our respective cups and I pass it onto him. After taking few sips, Zayn lets out, "Wow... This is some coffee." I laugh, "In a good or a bad way?"

"In a good way. I rarely get to have such good coffee. The lads aren't that great cooks you know!" My lips turn into a thin line. Was he seriously thinking that I was a great cook? Because then I would be nothing but a pure disappointment.

"To clear the air, I know you aren't that of a great cook either." I look up at him from my mug in confusion. "How do you even know that?"

"I am quiet but that doesn't mean I don't observe." As soon as he says it, my mind wanders off to my obsession with books and I smile.

"What's up?" He asks seeing my sudden smile.

"Nothing, it's just you give off a wallflower vibes." Hearing it, Zayn laughs loudly. "That is one way to explain me."

Everything seemed normal for once.

I was sitting and drinking coffee with the guy whose pictures were plastered all around my room a few years and hearing him laugh out loud now in front of me, It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

"You are cute." I spit out with a dreamy face and instantly coming back to reality, I widen my eyes in stupidity.

FUck Fuck fUck.