10

Harry Styles

I wasn't able to sleep the whole night, tossing and turning the whole night with my mind flashing back to the events of the previous day.

No not just the events of Emma fighting Zayn in a heartbeat but just some not-so-important things which happened later in the afternoon. 

After some times her sobs soon came down to sniffles. The afternoon sun was lighting up her whole room. She sits up and looks at me innocently with her red eyes.

"I didn't want to hurt him." She quietly says. I wanted to laugh out loud by her statement. "Trust me, you didn't hurt him. Not even the slightest." I tell her back. She had a monotone expression on her face as if I had told her that kidnapping her was just a prank.

"Maybe his ego a bit?" I add up in a question. She smiles after hearing my joke. I look at her room which was really messy. Dresses were stacked up on the floor in a messy way with quite a few torn books on the cupboard. I question myself why have I never come into this room earlier?

What if there were hidden messages in this room? But then I realize that Zayn wouldn't have been so careless. He was a sly man. Always getting his work done in the quietest way possible.

Never in his life has he ever been careless. At least of the life I knew of.

"So you guys are reuniting?" She suddenly asks me. I look at her in confusion. She makes a face and in a funny shy way she says, "I might have eavesdropped on your conversation in the morning."

I throw my head back in my laughter. Sly and Zayn. She could give him a run for his money.

Oh wait she already did.

"Yeah we are finally coming back. After 5 whole fucking years." I say almost in a sad tone. She looks up at me with her glistening eyes, "How are you all going to announce that you guys are coming back?"

"It's all figured out princess." I smile to myself thinking of my amazing coming back plan.
But as soon as I say it, she makes a gagging face. I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion.

"I hate nicknames." She says with a disappointed tone. "I thought all girls are crazy for nicknames." I murmur.

"Styles, you are very very wrong with that assumptions. Most girls hate nicknames. And I am one of them." She confesses.

"Girls are confusing!" I exclaim and throw my hands up in frustration.

"So maybe you have a thing for boys?" She questions me and I instantly choke on the air I was breathing.

"I prefer girls very much thank you but I don't really think a label is necessary?!" I say out aloud.
She nods her head.

"I once had an intense crush on a girl I remember. And I was so scared trust me because I don't know how I was even feeling. That feeling was so scary. Not knowing who I actually was. Fuck". She spits out as if the memory was extremely painful.

She is quiet. Sometimes she confuses me because from the file I read about her she was supposed to be a girl who talked way too much and everything.

But she was so quiet and reserved but equally badass. Did we kidnap someone different?

I watch her intently how the sunrays hit a part of her lips while her light brown skin glistened due to the strong ray of sunshine.

Her nails were not long or anything neither did it have any nail polish on it. But the shape of her nails was quite rare.

Her fingers were drumming on the torn fabric of the jeans as if she was playing the drums in her mind. She was looking out at the bright new York sky with a sad smile on her face.

"I really wanted to explore the city you know? Not just be stuck inside a warehouse." She lets me know.

"I take offense to that. This is much more than a warehouse. This is a fucking 5 star hotel." I say to her in a joking but true manner.

She narrows her eyes at me and immediately goes back to having the dreamy trance in her eyes.

And in an extremely quiet voice, she whispers to herself, "It'll be okay." I couldn't help but freeze listening to it. 

I knew she was sad but I didn't realise that she was only able to get a hold of her emotions when she alone. Leaving her to it, I quietly slip out of the room leaving her thoughts to herself.

She was upset. She had the right to be upset. We kidnapped her, snatching her from her dreams and dropping her in midst of us.

Not that she should be complaining but never mind.

She was a really nice girl. I don't know what exactly made me feel drawn to her, but maybe it was the positivity vibe around her that gives me peace.

Or maybe it was just her.

//

Look at them sharing things and being cute as shit. Not that long of a chapter but just Harry's perspective. 

Follow me on twitter: ayushi_jpg