25

Emma Winston

Horrified. That didn't even cover what I was feeling standing half naked in my washroom with Zayn sitting on my bed with revolvers beside him and in his hand. 

Roommates meant living in the same room together. What was he even talking about? 

"What.. what do you even mean by roommates, Zayn?" I ask him already tired of him. I have avoided him for the past week like hell. There have been numerous occasions where he has tried to strike up a conversation, but I've escaped the situation using every excuse possible. 

"Uh...roommates as in we will be sharing the same room?" He finishes with a lopsided grin forming on his face making me bite back a smile myself. 

"I know what roommates mean. I didn't drop school." I tell him, him pretending to be a bit offended by my statement. "I can only see one bed in this room and if you are going to be my roommate, there has to have another bed. So unless you can conjure up another bed, I don't know how you'll stay here." 

He thinks for a while and says, "Don't worry, I'll take up the couch." I look at him for a moment deep in my thoughts, "Did you seriously think that I will be escaping from the eleventh-floor?" I ask him making him nervously laugh. 

"No... no of course not. I just-I just wanted to keep an eye out and whatever." He mumbles. I merely roll my eyes and mutter a small 'whatever' making him smile to himself. 

"Can you like go out for a bit though?" I ask him making him surprised. "What-uh why?" 

"I kinda need to wear clothes unless you prefer me walking around half-naked." I tell him sarcastically. And almost on cue, he says, "I would prefer that very much, thank you." Pretending not to hear him, with my cheeks burning red, I guide him out of my room and shut the door. 

I carefully dry my hair and wear the yellow sundress. It looked the most presentable out of all my clothes so until and unless, I go shopping, I had to wear this. 

I knew with Zayn staying in the same room, there were going to be some huge problems. Like for an example, I had to avoid 'the' conversation. Basically I had to avoid him whenever he was in the room with me alone. 

But other than that, I really didn't have any particular problems since I didn't really used to get any privacy as long as I could remember. At least he knows when to walk out the room.

So, I take a deep breath and be equally excited and nervous about what was supposed to come in my way. 

It had been a productive day over all. We had a meeting regarding the band's upcoming tour with me being introduced to all the other crew. Lou Teasdale who was the hairstylist welcomed me warmly. It was nice to see another female face who seemed extremely kind, caring and gentle. 

We all had dinner together and it was a fun day with occasional flirting and drinks. Liam taught me how to mic drop together which was really fun although expensive with Niall discovering his hidden talent of playing the drums. 

Louis and Zayn were engaged in a conversation all night while Harry was gossiping with Lou and the wardrobe stylist Caroline. 

But now it was the end of the night with me and Zayn in the same room. Harry had quite a small talk with Zayn about why he got to be my 'roommate' with Zayn mumbling something about safety measures. 

I was doing my bed and I look over at the couch where Zayn was supposed to sleep and it looked extremely uncomfortable. On top of that, the couch was extremely small to even fit him totally making me reconsider everything. 

My parents have always taught me to understand the situation and then take up measures. Not to let my emotions get the best even though that's the thing I always do.