11

Zayn Malik

The morning sun was directly shining on my face. I open my eyes and find myself staring at Emma. She was sleeping peacefully with her hair covering half of her face.

Her light breath made her hair fly a bit. She looked so peaceful. With a sudden instinct, I remove her hair from her face and rub her cheeks slowly with my hand.

Suddenly, I realize that we both had fallen asleep last night on the kitchen slab. I could feel the cold marble underneath me. I stay there for a moment trying to remember when we both had fallen asleep.

It was after a long time, since I had wanted to have a proper conversation with a person. I remember apologizing to her and how she always had a small smile paying at her lips the whole night while we were talking. It made me feel good.

Her eyes were travelling over to mine and I stopped fidgeting my fingers. It was as if she knew how to calm me down just by looking at me. The wind was blowing and it travelled into the kitchen making the room windy and chilli. But everything felt nice.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I open my eyes from the trance I was in of last night and I look over to see Louis standing at the bottom of the stairs, staring at us with a smirk on his face.

I wanted to get up and punch the smirk out of his face but I could feel her arms draped around my back. So instead, I carefully slip out from her light hug and cover her up with my denim jacket which I had been wearing the whole night.

I mentally slap myself for not giving it to her earlier considering how she was wearing the sleeveless yellow sundress which she always seemed to wear. I knew she borrowed the dress from the cupboard.

I stand up and stretch my arms for a bit. They were extremely sore since I had basically spent the whole night sleeping slumped on a chair and on the kitchen slab.

"You sore?" Louis asks me with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Fuck off" I reply to him with a stupid fucking grin on my face too. Louis merely laughs hearing me.

"I never thought you guys would sleep together in the kitchen for the first time. At least make it to the bedroom next time, mate." Louis adds with the sass clear in his tone.

I grit my teeth in annoyance, "We didn't sleep together for fuck's sake Lou. We just fell asleep talking."

Louis raises his eyebrows in surprise, "You and talking. Mate, I don't fucking believe that bullshit."

I merely huff in annoyance seeing Louis not believing me. "I don't care if you believe me or not but we just talked and shit."

Louis doesn't say anything instead makes his way to the kitchen and I quickly say, "Don't wake her-"

But if only he ever listened.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty of the kitchen." He says in a mocking voice loud enough for her to hear. She stirs slowly probably thinking she was in bed, and in the process, almost falls off from the chair, but I quickly steady her.

She sits straight up and takes in on the surroundings while cleaning the drool on her face with her left hand.

"We fell asleep here last night." I remind her with a tight-lipped smile. She curses to herself and gets up from the table. Mumbling a good morning, she rushes off to her room.

I just roll my eyes at Louis who was holding his laughter with a not-so-innocent expression.

Louis Tomlinson was going to be the death of me someday.

Emma Winston

After recovering from the slight embarrassment early in the morning, I clean myself up and take a quick shower. I change into a black t-shirt and a black pair of jeans.

I mentally laugh because I was going to be matching with the guys because all they did was always wear black outfits.

Except Niall who preferred white most times.

I check the clock to see it was already 10:44 am, so I decide to go down for breakfast hoping that there was some decent food the guys had decided to cook.

Making my way downstairs, I could hear laughter coming and I smile to myself. Today seemed like a cheerful day. I could hear the strumming of guitars.

"Look who decided to finally join us", Niall yells with the guitar pick in between his lips.

The living room was a total mess with papers and diaries crowding the whole floor. There were three guitars in the room, one among them being in the hands of Niall and the other was standing in between Harry's leg as a support.

The third blue guitar was merely on the floor with no one sparing a glance towards it.

I notice Harry flashing me a toothy grin while Zayn giving me an awkward smile. I politely smile at both of them and sit beside Niall.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask them. "Writing songs obviously, duh" Louis mutters. As soon as he says that, my interest reaches its peak. I have always dreamt of watching a songwriting session but now I was finally witnessing one.

I guess getting kidnapped by a world-class band had its perks.

I grab a sandwich from the nearest plate and peer at the notebook closest to me. The pages were scribbled with random words not making any sense. I find a pencil and start fiddling with the words in my mind.

Instantly, my mind was filled with ideas and I start writing some of the lines down not caring about any tune.

After what seemed like a good ten minutes, I realize that their conversation has halted and all eyes were on me.

Harry asks me, "Whatcha writing?" I chew my lower lip in nervousness while I pass the notebook towards him. After glancing at the whole page, he looks at me with wide eyes and says, "Holy shit, you wrote a whole ass song."

Everyone was frozen on their spots. I nervously laugh to break the silence but no one was having it. The copy got passed on to everyone in the circle. When Zayn passed it on to Niall, he looks up at me with an impressed smile on his face.

I instantly look away with my ears burning hot.

After taking a good glance, Niall starts strumming a tune for the song that I wrote. I immediately vibe to the tune and unknowingly start tapping my foot to the tune.

Harry adds another tune as a backup and everything seemed in harmony.

"You should do a duet with us", Liam suggests tapping his pencil on the carpet.

I widen my eyes in horror. "No, I suck at singing. Trust me."

The way the boys look at me, it seemed they were not convinced.

I take a deep breath and start singing a song.

I could feel that the tune was extremely out of tune. But suddenly Zayn takes his phone out, and starts the backup vocal and instruments for the song.

And instantly, my voice sounded a thousands times better.

"How the fuck did that happen?" I ask them.

"Do you really think all of us took up singing classes?" Niall says in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Fine, but I need a bit of practising." I state giving in.

Maybe I could try something new out and be actually good at it.

//

Healer {z.m}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara