03

His rich clean shoes made a business-like noise on the clean stairs that he was walking down on.

I have not dared to turn around and look at that face. Maybe because just a few feet away, my biggest mood-changer was standing.

Yeah, I think mood-changer describes him perfectly maybe because all the lads including him always made me a happy bitch during the pandemic.
So I really kinda owe him.

My heart was beating so loudly that I was afraid it would pop right out of my chest. To be honest, I have never met any famous celebrities so my excitement was at its peak.

He lightly touches my shoulder maybe checking if I was still alive.
I quickly turn around and collide with him which I didn't expect to.

I never would have thought he would be standing so close. I am clumsy. I told you so.

He clears his voice. The confidence that I first heard in his voice today was gone. Replaced with a hint of shyness.

"You aren't supposed to be in here."

I wanted to say that neither should he but all I could do was stare at his green emerald eyes and stutter.

"Uh. I-I- know. I- uh just saw-saw someone enter and-"

"And your curiosity got the best of you right?" He completes my sentence.

I slowly breathe in and breathe out. I let out a shaky breath, "You are Harry Styles. Standing in front of me. And you are fucking real."

He scratches his hair. Maybe he is thinking that he has stumbled upon one of the crazy fans.

To clear any confusion, I make a quick motion with my hands, "I am not crazy. It's just you know, seeing you standing in front of me in my first night in New York. It makes my head reel."

He laughs and shakes me by the shoulders, "I am real and I am here. And even though I don't know you, you seem a good person to hang-out with."

He suddenly raises his voice out of nowhere and in a squeaky voice filled with excitement he asks me, "Do you want to hang out with me?"

"Are you drunk?"

We had already finished three bottles of straight vodka and we were sitting in midst of the large floor with our shoes scattered elsewhere.

I could feel that I was too drunk to even stand up properly. If only my family knew, they would've flown down here and taken me home straight on my first night.

"So you are telling me that in your entire life you haven't gone anywhere alone and yet here you are in New York alone." Harry asked. His voice slurred a bit so it was a bit difficult for me to adjust to his drunk British accent.

At least he was funny and charming and not standing in front of McDonald's at 3am.
Speaking of time, it was currently 2am with me being drunk.

"Well, technically I didn't come here all alone. I still have my best friend accompanying me."

We were quiet for a moment and surprisingly the silence was comfortable. I always had a hard time adjusting to strangers but with him I was myself.

"Do you know what date today is?" He asks me suddenly on a serious note and for a minute I think he is sober again.

But that's not how being drunk works I guess.

"Lost track of everything. Was so tired that didn't even glance at the date. Why though?" I curiously asks while taking a sip from the bottle.