34

Louis Tomlinson

I once read that love can change people. Love can almost make people go blind, but all this time I've always thought of that as a bad thing. But when I watch my best mate, laughing the hardest I can't help but be proud. 

I can't help but be thankful to Emma. He had been so quiet and observant and only talking when required all those years, I almost thought I had lost him. But now when I see him, he is such a different person, in a good way. 

His laughter is almost like a warm feeling for all of us. We are automatically happy when we see Zayn being happy. 

And I felt good seeing Zayn looking... seeing Zayn looking so in love. It was almost as if he wanted to give everything up and just be with Emma. 

I notice him talking more and smiling so much more. I see him glancing at her in a span of few minutes and almost look away as soon her gaze flies up to him. 

They seemed so in love and honestly, I felt the happiest. Watching two of the people who deserved everything actually deserve each other was everything for us. 

We were all in the hotel room after the much successful mission, drinks in all our hands cheering and laughing. The concert was also an immense success. 

One mission already done, I was already counting the days left to finish the mission and then we all could enjoy the concert too. 

"That was the most intense atmosphere I had almost witnessed today." Niall tells us munching on his food making us all laugh. The atmosphere was truly fucking intense. I remember my eyes only drifting back and forth towards Emma and Farukh. 

And when the shot went off, and he collapsed directly on the floor, my mind wasn't registering anything. It was not after we had cleaned up his body that I wanted to give the girl the biggest pat on the bag. 

She was fearless and bold but also scared. She was honestly a mixture. Right now, one of her legs was dangling from the chair while the other was almost to her chest. She was currently chatting with Liam about some books they had found common. 

Zayn and Harry were drinking together and they were immensely drunk already. My mind wanders back to the conversation I had with Zayn in the afternoon a mere hours before the hit. 

"I know you are worried, mate. It is visible on your face." I let him know making him almost wipe a sweat from his forehead. 

He looks around and then he tells me, "I am not worried. I just- I don't know, was it wrong to get involved with her?" That takes me by surprise. 

"I thought you were really in love with her." 

"I am. I am incredibly in love with her and I am not here to deny it. I just- I don't think I can ever forgive myself if-if something happens to her. And I am afraid to feel that way because I have taught myself not to feel that way anymore." 

I raise my eyebrows at him watching him talking about his feelings as if he was wired like a computer, "Listen Zayn. This is not a mistake, okay? You both are meant for this shit and we all are here so I doubt if anything is really gonna happen to her. And on top of that, she is strong." I slip in the sleeveless black jacket for tonight. 

He doesn't say anything and I suggest to him, "Why don't you go and spend some time with her?" 

He still doesn't move. "Oh god Zayn. Just go and do some make out and shit. I just don't want to see your mopey face anymore and just get over the overthinking." 

That makes him exit the dressing room and I only shake my head at him. 

I had watched this guy go through fucked-up shit that I can't ever imagine and seeing him having the brightest smile is the only thing that mattered to all of us. 

Zayn was whispering something in Emma's ears making her giggle and blush and she strokes his hand while one of his hand is around her shoulder. His left thumb is circling her shoulder. They were comfortable with each other naturally and I just feel... why wasn't she here earlier? 

If only she was here earlier, I wouldn't had to see Zayn like that. 

"They look so happy and cute." Niall giggles in his drunken state making all of us smile absent-mindedly. Liam nods his head and mumbles, "I like seeing him like this." And we all agree. 

Even Harry quietly says, "They both make each other happy and I am glad." I smile at him, proudly. He was handling everything like an adult beautifully. 

"God, I remember the time when Zayn used to literally make a list of all the girls he used to sleep with and his list was by far the longest than any of us by a long shot." Niall says chugging some of the stale beer. 

"What? You guys used to make a list?!" Emma asks us horrified and looks between us and Zayn. 

"Thank you so much lads." Zayn sarcastically says shooting us daggers and we laugh at him, "It was almost like a competition between us." 

She widens her eyes and makes a gagging sound making all of laugh harder, "So how many girls did you sleep with? Not that I am overly-interested." She tries to sound casually but the jealousy is clearly evident in her tone. 

"Just a few, Em." Hearing the nickname, we all look at each other smirking. 

This boy was whipped. 

"Few as in ten or twenty?" She tries to calculate having no idea what a few meant to him. "More like fifty?" Liam adds hesitantly and her eyes almost drop. 

We were laughing like wild at the turn of the conversation. 

"What-so-You didn't have STD or anything right?" And that was what made even Zayn laugh. Being drunk made this conversation even ten times funnier. 

He swiftly leans down and kisses her on the lips almost as if he was making her stop talking and we all see the sudden blush that creeps on her cheeks. 

We can't blame her, we all were equally surprised seeing Zayn so open and intimate with someone. Well, this was also the first time he was in love with someone. 

So everything was almost like a first for us. 

"Get a room you two." Niall shouts making Zayn flip him off and Emma embarrassingly laugh. Sensing the vibe of the room, we quickly start cleaning up the table, picking up all the beer bottles and pizza box. 

Once we were out of their room and I carefully shut the door behind us, getting a glimpse of how they were heatedly making out already indicating that they were in for a long night. 

We all start laughing as soon as we are out in the hallway. The laugh was not a fake one and it felt genuine. No pit or knot in the stomach. We were laughing until our stomach hurt. 

"Zayn...he looks at her so differently..." Harry begins making all of us smile and nod realizing the happiness of our friend. 

"He looks at her like he just realized what love is" 

// 

This is going to be one of the last updates for quite a few weeks I guess since I will be immensely busy since tomorrow. I hope this doesn't make you all quit reading this book because honestly there's so much more to come.

Also I suck at the lovey-dovey scenes because I have always experienced the 'crush' stage and the pinning after each other stage. Not the actual relationship stage. 

So like Louis said, Everything is new to me. Just bear with me. 

Vote and Comment.