30

Emma Winston 

Emma Winston 

It felt like such a different kind of night. The sharp wind was blowing strong making me almost clatter my teeth. But this place... this place felt really nice. As I take in the view, goosebumps almost erupt. 

The city was filled with lights making the surroundings so much more brighter. It was the 18th of October. Its like I told you, 18 is kind of my favourite number making these days unnecessarily happier and brighter for me. 

But today felt like a good day. Maybe because Zayn was there today. Zayn was there always talking to me, listening to me. It felt good to be in the midst of attention for a change again. 

After that talk right here, this place kinda has become my favourite spot ever. That night felt like a wall breaking. I was honestly both terrified and relieved. 

He seemed like a person with whom I could be me. He wouldn't judge me. We had so much in common unknowingly that we don't even know.

I like him

I like him

I like him

No. No, I didn't like him like that. He seemed different, and it was like an unexplainable connection. 

He was my unexplainable feeling. This feeling scares the shit of me so much, but from what I've read, I knew I couldn't protect myself any longer. Either I will get seriously hurt for life or I might be happy and even have my happy ending. 

Maybe.

 But my feelings for him, I knew they didn't just stop at like because I could feel myself feeling a lot deeper for him so much more. The feeling was unforgettable. The feeling was everywhere from the smallest touch to the briefest eye-contacts. 

"Hey"

I slowly crook my neck towards the source of the word, the familiar voice already warming the insides of me with that unexplainable feeling. 

"Hey stranger."

"What are you doing here? It's cold here." Zayn says looking at the view in front and looks at me. "It's like my spot here. I come here whenever I..." my voice trails away. He raises his eyebrows, "Whenever you?"

"Whenever I want to be alone and think." He seems taken aback with that response. "Then I shouldn't be here."

"But you're already here aren't you?" I tell him and in almost inaudibly I mumble, "I like it more with you here." 

I realize that he is close to me once again with our shoulders brushing. He was standing just behind me his hands slowly trailing my arm making me want to just whip my head and look him in the eyes.

 "We should take a step back. We are pretty close to the edge."

"Aren't you getting the urge to just jump?" He whips his head towards me probably thinking of me as suicidal.