Chapter Sixteen: Jitters

Beomgyu walked towards the room Taehyun had entered and hadn't left yet, he knocked on the door but to his dismay there was no reply, gathering the guts he opened the door slowly peeking inside but saw no one

Deciding to walk in, he entered the room looking around his eyes landing on the younger's messy desk but that's not what caught his eye, a certain file did.

The file had his best friend's face on it.

"Huh?" Beomgyu questioned picking up the file staring at it but before he could flip the page the sound of the door clicking interrupted him, fidgeting with the file before hiding it behind his back looking towards the sound acting like he's innocent.

Taehyun walked towards him radiating a dark aura around him giving a death glare at the brunet who took steps back until his back hit with the bookshelf, Taehyun trapping him.

Inches apart from each other, Beomgyu could smell the vetiver scent Taehyun always radiated, he gulped.

What Taehyun did next wasn't what he expected, the younger got closer making the gap between them quite less than before, his slender finger hovering over the brunet's waist, grabbing it softly trailing his fingers to his back gently, Beomgyu got lost staring into his intimating eyes until a gasp left from his mouth when Taehyun grabbed the file out his hands harshly keeping it in the shelf behind the older, not breaking from the intense eye contact.

As much as Beomgyu hoped it was done and he could leave, he was so very wrong.

Feeling the warm hand slide down the side of his face tucking his hair behind his ear making him press his eyes shut waiting for it all to end and run to his room.

Sensing the warmth of the hand leave his ear he sighs of relief opening his eyes again to focus moments later on what's being held in front of his nose.

It was a dagger.

A fucking dagger.

Beomgyu was scared, where did he get the dagger from? He thought.

Taehyun moved the dagger away from his eyes, running it down his right cheek staring seductively into his eyes making Beomgyu stray in them once again.

The tip of the dagger ran on his right cheekbone followed by his sharp jawline, his eyes widened when he felt the dagger piercing into his jawline making him wince in pain, blood running down his neck.

Getting closer to the brunet's face he could feel Taehyun's breath on his right ear.

"Touch what's mine and I'll kill you."

He whispered in his ear an octave lower. Beomgyu nodded his long hair bouncing up and down.

"Go." Taehyun declared staring into his eyes, taking the dagger away from his face making the brunet let out a long sigh of relief.

"Don't make me repeat myself." He said walking away keeping the dagger with the older's blood on it on his desk.

Beomgyu sprinted away his heart beating way too fast.

The door of Beomgyu's room slam shut, leaning his back on it, hands on his chest, he jittered trying to calm himself down.

Once his heart stopped beating at an uncontrollable pace he walked into the bathroom looking at himself in the mirror.

Blood running down from his jaw seeping into the collar of his beige sweater, taking it off, the white shirt underneath remained unstained thanks to the sweater's thickness.

Taking a cotton pad from the drawer wetting a bit before washing off the blood, the cut didn't hurt.

A small cut couldn't pain him.

Once the cut had finally stopped bleeding he left the bathroom not bothering to use a band-aid, opening the cupboard he took out his sage cardigan, wearing it.

Fixing his hair by moving his bangs away from his eyes he went towards the study desk taking out a small canvas sitting down trying to distract himself by painting but his mind kept thinking about the file he saw in Taehyun's office.

"What was that file and why did it have Hyuka's name on it?" He pondered biting the end of his brush.

Shrugging off his thoughts he continued painting, mixing various colours making a sombre abstract painting.

Abstract painting was his favourite kind, expressing his feelings through it was almost so easy and accurate.

Right now his head was filled with questions and mixed feelings.

He stared at his painting looking at the shades of yellow which represented betrayal blended with black meaning evil, a little bit of white for innocence and lastly grey symbolizing loss and depression.

Beomgyu usually knew what his paintings meant but this one was different.

What does this mean?

-------
Wand & Zuzu

.・゜-: ✧ :- -: ✧ :-゜・.