Chapter Twenty-four: Strawberry Shortcake

Today was one of the happiest days of Beomgyu's life and by now you must already know he doesn't have many of those

The escastic in him caused him to skip his way to Kai's home after his shift ended at 11:00pm, fairly early for a job at a bar but since he wasn't skilled at his job for now he was stuck with these timings, not that he minded them.

Kicking the fallen orange-yellow leaves of fall as he skipped happily clasping his tip money in his palms which was placed on his chest, closely near his heart, he was smiling even laughing. Pretty sure it was a real one.

Maybe his luck didn't completely flip him off after all, maybe his life will finally become a bit more stable. He hopes so.

"I'm back!" Closing the door to Kai's house he turned around to meet the blond's annoyed face behind him he saw Lea and Bahiyyih sitting in the living room.

His smile died down.

Oh no, he completely forgot about the time.

Immediately bowing down to all of them realizing they were staying up for him and were worried.

"I'm so sorry." He bowed multiple times until the younger stopped him.

Closing his eyes not wanting to look at their worried or disappointed faces, it scared him. No one ever showed him worry or disappointment and it scared him everytime someone did, he hates it.

"Open your eyes, it's fine." Kai told him, knowing Beomgyu after all these years he knew his fears as well.

Peaking a bit to see if it was okay, he opened his eyes looking at his best friend.

"I-I'm so sorry, I j-just got a new job..? at the.." He tried to make up an excuse but didn't want to completely lie either, thinking of a place better than anything but a gay bar.

"a.. library!" Sighing to himself, he remembered how he said he's going to the library to Kai before leaving.

"Library? Don't libraries close at 9?" Lea questioned.

"It's 11:45 Beomgyu." Kai took a glance at his phone before speaking.

"Right..well.."

"I'm...still new so I got confused while arranging the books after everyone left so it got late!" Awkwardly chuckling to himself, he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine, don't work yourself just come on time..we got worried." Lea spoke before going to her room, Bahiyyih following behind waving them a goodnight before going to hers.

"Yah!" Kai slapped Beomgyu's arm, immediately after everyone left. Beomgyu winced rubbing his arm.

"Will you actually tell me where you've been without lying?"

Guess Kai also picked up his habits after all these years.

Beomgyu mentally smacked himself, remembering his habits when he lies.