Chapter Thirty: Mulish

"Lure him?"

"Lure him?"

"Yes." Taehyun affirmed.

"So you're saying you want me to go all seductress on him?" Beomgyu commented with annoyance laced to which Taehyun merely hummed.

"Do I look like a whore?" He crossed his arms taking great offense.

"Don't you work at a gay bar?" The ash head raised his eyebrow.

"As a bartender!" the brunet exclaimed.

"Okay."

"Now as I was saying, I need you to go on dates and bring back information for now." Taehyun states as he crosses his arms and relaxes on his chair.

"What kind of information?" The brunet questions.

"Anything personal. Habits, hobbies, routines-."

"And what makes you think he won't catch onto this? Why would he agree to go on a date with me?" Beomgyu grabs a chair to his right and sits down in front of Taehyun with a sense of curiosity drawn on his face.

"Because he's interested in you." Taehyun deadpans.

"W-what? How are you so sure?" Beomgyu was confused. Why would that man be interested in someone like him?

"He's so obvious." The boy rolls his eyes. "Plus he doesn't know that we're acquainted, but it's about time before he does and we need to get anything we can before then."

"You mean me." Beomgyu smiles.

"We."

Hearing this makes Beomgyu roll his eyes as he leans back on his chair when a question that's always been roaming around the back of his head falls in front, "What's the reason?".

He'd always been way too afraid to ask but maybe now isn't the worst time, he figured since they've been talking for a while now without any arguments, maybe Taehyun won't mind answering?

"Since I'm putting myself on stake I deserve to know why. Why are we doing this?" The question made Taehyun's face twitch with hesitancy.

"Because you want him gone." He replied slyly.

"No that's a lie. You wouldn't do shit for me, there's a huge benefit for you from this obviously." The brunet stated as he got more curious about the man.

"So you're not as dumb as I thought. " Taehyun smirked as the brunet gaped perplexing.

"Ouch! Now are you gonna stop avoiding the question??" Beomgyu crossed his arms.

"Fine. You can say Altieri and Gervasi aren't on the best terms."

"A what?" All these weird words were getting messed up in Beomgyu's head.

"Altieri. My mafia." Taehyun threw before walking out the door leaving a disputed Beomgyu behind.

"But that didn't answer anything.." The brunet whispered to himself looking at his fingers after hearing the door slam shut.