Chapter Thirty-one: Wrangle

Closing the car door in a hurry, rushing through the gates of his university, Beomgyu was trying to look for a certain blond but failed to as it was time for class and he couldn't afford to ruin his attendance furthermore

Sitting in class, in front of his canvas struggling to get anything working in his head he kept thinking about the probability of where Kai could be.

"Hey!"

"Beomgyu!"

"Choi Beomgyu!" The boy was pulled out of his trance with a red splash of his oil paint bottle on the canvas.

"Look what you did!" A girl gasped scolding her boyfriend. "Are you okay?"

Beomgyu still fazed, looked around for the clock "Okay thanks guys, I gotta go!" The brunet rapped packing the rest of his stuff to rush out the next second.

Not surprised his colleagues  shrug it off and leave the class as well.

Checking his phone the brunet sighs with racing curiosity to get to his answers.

"YOU! where were you the whole day!?" Beomgyu yells at the innocent blond eating his sandwich, only to get a side eye in return. "If you missed me so much you could've called."

The latter dumbfounded recalls only ever thinking about calling or texting Kai, without actually doing it. "Shut up." Humbled, he takes a seat on the stairs beside the blond.

"So what happened between you and Taehyun?"

"Me and who?" I don't know any taeyeon."

"Cut the crap. It's literally the only thing I'll get to know about him." The older deadplanned surprising the younger as this side of his bestie is something he rarely gets to encounter.

With a heavy sigh Kai hands over a sandwich to Beomgyu.

"Fine I'll tell you but before that you need to know something." Kai whispered pulling Beomgyu closer and looking around to see if anyone was there.

Beomgyu followed as well but once confirmed there wasn't anyone Kai spoke. "So you can say I'm a spy..?"

"A spy? like professional?" Beomgyu gasped, the blond nodding.

"So that's why you're always so-"

"A year ago I was hired by Taehyun and I worked with him for a few months, we got along almost perfectly which is weird considering his personality." Kai continued.

"We were best friends almost like how we are now, I knew he had struggled all his life and had some issues but what he did wasn't acceptable.." Kai spoke with a gloom look on face, it was evident that he remembered whatever that happened between them as if it was yesterday.