Chapter 2: A Court of Sadness & Pain

✧Misma POV✧

We soon landed in the Autumn Court, my legs were shaking and I tumbled over the muddy ground. This was going to be my home from now on. This place.

It was not a bad place, not at all, if it wasn't for the people living here snd my family being so far away. I liked autumn, but still I was not meant to move here and marry Fillias.

Fillias opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly stopped him, holding up my hand.

"No please, don't speak. I don't want to hear anything. I don't want to hear you. I just want silence, please," I pleaded and he glowered at me.

"You are lucky that you are pretty!" he snarled, pushing me away harshly and storming into the house, leaving me alone outside with Beron. The door slammed shut behind Fillias and I shivered, a cold rush running down my spine. I gasped, clutching my arms tightly around me.

"You are at a court now, you will marry my son. You have to learn how to behave!" Beron hissed, grabbing my arm and dragging me after him into the house where we were awaited by two females. Nausea cramped my stomach, the back of my throat burning.

One was the Lady of the Autumn Court who greeted me with a nod of her head, a sad smile tugging on her lips. I returned the gesture. The other person introduced herself as my servant, who would show me to my room. She glared at me while she shoved me through the corridors to my room. My room.

She was always at least three steps in front if me, me trying to kerp up with her pace ehile trying to not tumble. My gaze drifted over the brownish coloured walks, the odf tapestry and the thick rugs on the ground. The crips scent of pine needles and cinnamon lay in the air, my nostrils flaring and taking in the scent.

Before we entered the room, I brushed my cold fingers over the wall, my mouth hanging parting slightly while examining my new home.

"I will fill up a bath for you, then you get dressed. I will do your hair and then you are meant to attend dinner with them, Lady Misma," the servant girl, whi I still did not know the name of, ordered while rushing around in the room and collecting things for me. I watched her with big, glassy eyes before looking around in the room.

My room.

It was neat. A lot of red, orange and brown, but it was not home. It did not feel like my room, not like my home. The only thing that brought me some relief was that I did not have to share a room with Fillias and could rather stay here alone.

"Did you hear me? Get undressed and go to the bathroom, hurry!" the servant's voice ripped me out of my thoughts. I nodded into her direction, holding my breath and biting down my lip. She looked me up and down, squinting her eyes.

"I am Sirla, by the way. You don't look like High Fae. What are you?" she asked, eyeing me up and down again, a derogatory look on her face.

"I am half-Fae, half-Nymph," I told her, a stern look on my face and my lips pressed into a thin line. My skin prickled with unease, cold sweat breaking out on the back of my neck. I wiped my damp palms over my thighs, my legs feeling so heavy all of a sudden.

"Nymph! Gods, how embarrassing. How did that happen?" She coldly laughed before pointing to the bathroom and ordering me to go there. "The mating bond snapped for my parents even though my mother was a Nymph," I explained, regretting that I even wasted words and breath to answer her.
Sirla did not react. Nymphs had always been considered less than lesser fae, but my mother had always had my father's protection. The only person he ever cared about. With him being High Fae and loyal to Keir my mother was safe and protected and so were my sister and I.