Chapter 38: Oh Solstice Night

✧Misma POV✧

"Azriel what are you doing?" I mumbled, slowly blinking my eyes open.

I had been awoken by my mate hurdling and rummaging around in our flat.

With a loud thump something somewhere in our flat fell onto the floor and internally prayed that it had been nothing that could break.

When Azriel appeared in front of me he wore one boot and was dressed in his Illyrian leathers. Still lying in bed, I had my elbows braced on the mattress looking at him through half-closed lids. Cauldron, it was still nearly completely dark outside where the hell was he heading?

"Erm, kind of an Illyrian tradition, well actually family tradition. Remind me to explain everything to you once I am back. Later for Solstice dinner. Just sleep on, it is really early," he panted, hurdling over to the bed and brushing a kiss against my forehead.

"Where the hell would you be going now? And what tradition?"

"Later, darling. I love you!"

And with that he stormed out of the room, leaving me in the bed with a tremendously irritated mind and an incredulous expression. Illyrian tradition?

∙∙✧ ✧ ✧∙∙

"A snowball fight?! You are kidding, right?" I asked again, blinking my eyes in absolute confusion. After Azriel's rushed departure I decided to head over to Feyre's and ask her about this Illyrian tradition. "You are telling me that the three most powerful Illyrians are having an annual snowball fight?"

"Yes, we are!" Mor laughed loudly, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "I'll show you, if you don't believe me. Come!"

And with that being said she had winnowed to the oh so familiar cabin. The corner of my mouth twitched slightly, remembering what had happened here just weeks ago.

"Ugh, this cabins always brings up such dirty memories, it was the same when I brought Feyre up here. I always have to smell the enormous amount of arousal that suddenly bursts out of you females when we come up here!" My cheeks were coloured in a deep shade of red when Mor linked arms with me, winking and grinning. Sorry, Morrigan.

I wanted to open my mouth apologies or rather protest, but then I saw it.

This was not just a snowball fight. This was a whole battle. A snowball war. Three fortresses had been built and snowballs were fired across the field.

"I can never take them serious again after seeing this!" I chuckled when Mor bursted into laughter. "Illyrian babies as Feyre likes to say."

"Illyrian babies indeed!"

"I mean it is quite tough: no wings, now magic, no breaks," Feyre chuckled, nearly giving me a heart attack with her sudden appearance. She also linked her arm with me. I had to laugh really hard, just staring at the snow forts.

"Bastard!" I heard Azriel growl which was soon followed by, "Asshole!" from Cassian.

"Let's go into the cabin and enjoy some fine wine!" Mor suggested and both Feyre and I nodded. With wine glasses in our hands we then curled up on the couch, a blanket draped over us and staring into the flickering fire.

"My High Lord has a snowball fight!" I laughed, nearly crying with laughter. Mor and Feyre joined in, laughing loudly. If someone in the Hewn City would know that...

"What did you get Azriel for Solstice?" Mor then asked, nudging my ribs and wiggling her brows. "That is a secret. You will see later." I told her, grinning brightly. "Ugh, I am nosy! I wanna knooow!" Mor chuckled, wrapping her arm around my shoulder, grinning when we heard a door being slammed open.