Chapter 58: Dread Trove

✧Misma POV✧

"Great another thing that is probably trying to murder me," I grumbled, pulling my leggings over my bum, before slipping into a light wool jumper. "Don't say that," Azriel groaned, stepping out of the bathroom, droplets of water still slipping down his chest while he ruffled a towel through his damp hair. He walked over to the bed, sat down and started putting on his trousers.

"You are right, not one thing....four things that will blow my head away." My lips pressed into a thin line. I started braiding my hair, leaning against the dresser while watching my mate get dressed.

"Misma, I thought I was the pessimistic one? Stop saying things like this. You have Amren." With that Azriel stood, his belt still hanging loosely around his waist, and approached me with quick steps.

Azriel braced his large, scarred hands on the dresser on either side of my hips , the muscles in his upper arms flexing. He trailed his eyes over my face. The early morning sunlight made the hazel in his eyes glow, showing all the colours — even the slight touch of green.

Lifting my hand, I traced my thumb over his sharp jaw line while pouting my lips.

"I am just a bit scared. So much is happening. Never have I ever had so much...responsibility. And now...I feel like so much depends on me and if I mess up...you all will suffer and I will let you all down. I will let my High Lord and High Lady down. And I will let you, my mate, down. And I am quite good at messing things up as you have maybe noticed in the past and—"

"And nothing. Seriously, Misma? You have just found another part of the Trove...just like that. And you found two parts of Koschei's soul. You once said that you were angry that I am the only person who does not see how amazing I am. But honestly, this is you, Misma." Azriel brushed a kiss to my brow. When I opened my mouth to protest, a scarred, slender finger was placed over my lips.

"I am not done. You are the one who doesn't see how much value you have. You always talk so little of yourself. And yes, I know this probably has a lot to do with how you were raised and how you grew up, but you gotta stop that. You are brilliant and amazing in every little way and you have done so much in just a few months. Stop thinking so little of yourself...please try to see yourself they way I see you. Please try to see the Misma I see. The brilliant, amazing, honest, smart, intelligent, kind, stunning Misma. My mate who is a Light Bringer and who has already found two parts of Koschei's soul. And today after training you will also find the third part, alright?"

Removing his finger from my lips, Azriel moved his thumb under my chin lifting it up and wiped a tear away that had slipped out of my eye. Sniffling loudly, I nodded my head.

"Thank you. I will try. It is just difficult but I will try to think of myself a bit better. And unfortunately not today."

Azriel's brows knitted as the smile vanished from his lips and parting his lips, he said: "Why not today? I thought you were going to meet with your sister as soon as possible?"

"I sent her a note when I got up this morning and she responded that she only has time in two days and that I am highly unwanted in the Hewn City today," I gritted out, lifting one brow. A cool, low chuckle left Azriel when he shook his head. "Well, if the Queen of the Hewn City says so then it might really be better to wait until in two days, although time is rushing." Azriel rubbed his hand over his jaw, closing his eyes for a second. "But if she does not want to see you today she will probably be of no help anyways so better wait when it is fine for her." 

Nodding, I leaned forward, leaning my forehead against my mate's jaw. He brushed a kiss against the top of my head, tilting his head back, smiling and shortly pecking my lips.