Chapter 74: I Love You, Please Forgive Me

✧Misma POV✧

I was burning from the inside out. I was so very, very furious and hurt. Having seen my mate like that had made my heart feel completely empty all of a sudden.

But soon the void inside me was filled with fire, burning lava blazing through my veins. My vision blurred, images of my mate's wounded body flashing my mind. Those images pierced my brain and heart. Everything inside me coiled. Every small ounce of power roared itself to life. The rings on my fingers pulsated, glowing and burning on my icy cold fingers. My heartbeat turned faster, the air wheezing in and out of my lungs when I hurdled for the end of the small mountain top the healers tent was propped up on. When I looked down there was nothing but fury coating my insides.

Power seeping into every fiber of my body, I illuminated from the inside out, small webs of light flowing out of my hands. The rings pulsed and pulsated, my palms heating up. I felt my eyes glow, my vision changed slightly—a thin layer of gold now lying over the land.

And then I exploded. I exploded as a storm of light. Deadly, lethal light. The webs of light flowed over the land sucked in everything they could grasp—the enemy warriors that moved back to their tents, plants, weapons, animals. Nothing was left the way it was. What I had become was truly the Lady of Light. I was no longer me. No longer Misma. I was the end and the beginning. I was light and darkness and I was destruction. Lady of Life and Death.

In that very moment when no longer any rational thought could survive in my mind I became our enemies worst nightmare. The light swooped over the land and left nothing living behind.

Withdrawing the light nothing but devastation and a fine dust of what remained of what once had been there coated the lands in front of us.

"Foolish Lady of Light. Now I know where you are." A cool chuckle followed the uttering, pain piercing through my temples and making me fall backwards onto the ground. I did not care. Yes, he could see me. Should see me. I did not care. And...he only saw the extent of my power, not me, as I was still shielded by Rhysand's wards. At least I hoped so...

My fingertips digging into the ground I tried to get up, getting onto my weak legs and then pulling myself up. There was only once place I needed to go to. Only one person. My mate.

I turned one more time to look over my shoulder at what I had done...at the destruction that had happened by my hands. I couldn't believe my eyes, my gaze fixed on the nothingness that was left.

"Holy gods, Misma," Amren expressed breathlessly, stepping in line with me. I hadn't noticed her nearing me. And I did not care. I needed to get to Azriel. "You are no lady of life. You are the Lady of Life and Death."

A shuddering breath left me when my arms fell to my sides. I once again looked over the destroyed land—the destruction I brought upon the land. A few tendrils of smoke appeared from the ground, everything else became soil. "I am sorry. I need to find—"

"Don't apologise. I know this was naiv impulsivity, but that does not mean it was bad."

"Not?" Shame but mostly pain and anger still roaring inside of me, I glanced over my shoulder at my High Lord who neared me as well. "No," he answered with a smile. "It was a sign. And one hell of a sign." I shrugged, swallowing a sob.

"I need to the get to Azriel."
"Are you sure you want to see that?"

My throat constricted before a sob ripped itself free. "I have to. He is my mate," I breathed out, voice trembling and my knees threatening to give in. Rhys tilted his head at the healers tent and I took off, running so fast that for a moment I thought my feet had left the ground. The air burned in my lungs when I ripped the curtains open and staggered towards the bed which my mate was lying on.