Chapter 55: Under the Mountain

✧Misma POV✧

"No, and I will tell you over and over again that you are not going alone. End of the discussion, don't push me any further!" Azriel growled, glowering at me while having me pushed up against the wall.

I was glaring back into his eyes, toes barely touching the ground anymore. I pouted my lips, anger radiating from every fiber of my body

This discussion had been going on for minutes, him not minding at all that the others were in the room right next to us. I might have made the suggestion that I could go alone, or rather should go alone. I would focus on the part alone and the others would not be involved and hence not be exposed to any kind of danger and also the trauma that had been caused to their High Lord and Lady.

I had barely stated my idea and in the next second my lovely mate had pulled me out of the room and pushed me up against this damn wall.

"But it will be hard and difficult for you. It is were you nearly lost Rhysand," I reasoned and his siphons started glowing. A low snarl ripped its way free from his throat.

"No. I said no and you won't do it. You cannot do this alone."

"You cannot tell me what to do! I have told you that before," I hissed loudly, instantly regretting my tone. In an instant his lips were on mine, harsh and rough, his right hand moving to my neck, squeezing.

"Oh, I can. Especially when it is about you giving your life. I won't let you risk your life for something that is not worth it. You cannot honestly believe that you alone could go there!? I know you are strong and powerful and smart, but you cannot honestly believe that you could go alone to the Middle? How actually? Would you walk? For the next three years. As much as I remember my mate cannot winnow nor fly," he murmured, now brushing his thumb over my lower lip. His tone was at least ten times softer, still, a muscle in his jaw flexed.

"No, but I connect nothing with the place. You do. There is a big difference. This will be hard for you. Rhys is your brother, I don't want you to see what might expect us there," I breathed out, looking everywhere but his eyes.

"We are coming along, end of discussion. Misma, it is the only way we can do this. Cass, Nesta and I will handle it. We are not letting you go alone," Azriel answered, jaw seemingly relaxing.

I nodded, biting my lip and he leaned his forehead agains mine. "I cannot lose you. I cannot lose the person that matters most to me in my life. I would not survive it. You matter to me more than anyone else and I cannot let you go alone it would rip me into shreds. You can tie me to the fucking House of Wind and I would rip it out and come with you."

I crinkled my nose, shaking my head at my mate. Moving one hand up I cupped his face in my palm, brushing my thumb over the light stubble grazing his jaw. "You are silly."

The shadowsinger pursed his lips, something glistening in his eyes.

"Let's head back in, shall we?" Azriel nodded, but when I made a move he quickly grabbed my wrist, pulling me back.

"I am not trying to tell you what to do. I would never forbid you anything. I am sorry that it sounded like it. I don't want to act like that. It is your decision. Always. I want it to be your decision always. But I cannot let you risk your life. Please, you have to understand that," he calmly said, so calm it was barely audible and a tear slipped over my cheek. I brought his hand up to my lips and kissed his palm. "I know, Azriel. I know."

 ∙∙✧ ✧ ✧∙∙

"I don't like that. I really don't like that..." Cassian grumbled, pulling on the strings of his Illyrian leathers.