Chapter 30: Shadow Whispers

✧Misma POV✧

"There is a reason I called you back quite early," Rhys started and I looked at him, waiting. "Helion, High Lord of High Lord of Day. I assume you have heard of him. He has a special connection to the sun and sun light. He would like to meet you. He thought he might also be able to teach you some things," Rhysand stated and Azriel put his hand on my thigh. Territorial mates.

I told you that it is difficult for newly mated males when their mate is in company of other males.

My eyes shot open more widely when realisation of what had just happened hut me. I had no idea this mental conversation thingy also worked for mates that are not Daemati.

Yes, it does. Or well, it technically does not work like it works with Feyre and Rhys. It works through the shadows. They whisper.

The shadows whisper. They sing.

Ah. I hummed, Rhys and Mor looking at me with an amused expression. I might still have been gaping like a fish.

And since we are mates they now also listen to me?

They has always listened to you. But differently. They love you nearly as much as I do. But yes, they now tell me what you think and vice versa when our mental shields are open — only works between mates. They tell you what I think, just like we are speaking mind to mind. They cannot enter anyones else's mind though, just ours.

Amazing, but then you will know that there is nothing to worry about concerning Helion.

"How does he actually know?" I asked curiously, finally snapping back to reality. I thought Rhysand had made sure not everyone would find out about it so soon.

"Amren suggested contacting him, he has huge amounts of books in his big libraries they might also be helpful," Feyre answered and Rhysand nodded. Helion Spell-Cleaver.

"Hm, yes it might be a good idea," I mumbled. I was uncertain. Another Court. Another High Lord, who I haven't met before. Azriel's grip on my thigh tightened and I placed my hand on his. It's fine, no worries.

"And when does he want to meet me?" "Next week, some time. We are invited there. After your mating ceremony," Rhys quickly said, smiling and raising his eyebrows at us. "Any plans yet?"

"Just us, nothing big and nothing special, just family," Azriel stated, smiling and I nodded my head. Family.

"But Misma would like to invite her sister, if that is possible and her husband." The faces of the others immediately turned grim, obviously they all also knew about her and Rhys.

"I don't have to, I mean she doesn't have to come, I could just meet with her another day and—"

"No it is fine. She is your family. As long as she stays away from me in any sense of way I am fine." I nodded eagerly, a cold shiver running down my spine from the bitterness in Rhys' voice.

"When and where?" Mor happily clapped her hands, probably in order to lighten the mood. "This weekend maybe. Since the Helion invitation will take place next week?"

We don't have to invite Jeen if these is uncomfortable for Rhys.

Don't worry he will get round to it.

Yes, he is fine with it.

Hey, get out of my mind High Lord, but thank you!

Mor and Gwyn gave me amused looks while there were currently too many voices in my head talking to me.

Then keep your mental shields up, Light Bringer.

"All right, this weekend then, I have to plan everything. Food, music, we have to go shopping. All the girls have to. Tomorrow? Feyre, Nesta, Gwyn, obviously Misma?" Mor cheered and we all nodded in agreement. "Then you will have Nyx tomorrow!" Feyre beamed, placing a kiss on Rhys' cheek who just hummed in agreement.