Chapter 70: The Fierce Female with Wings

✧Misma POV✧

Watch her bleed. Flower to flower. Princess to princess. Bone to bone. Blood to blood. Sister to sister.

Time stood still. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, happening anymore. My mind was cleared. My heart empty. And my blood cold.

I found myself staring at a puddle of red liquid-blood. Cassian's blood. I heard nothing. I could not make out a single spoken word. The pulsing of my own blood in my ears was too loud. My head ached, my throat burned and all I found myself able to do was stare. I could not even look at the bleeding male. At Azriel's blood smeared hands, holding everything that threatened to fall out of his brother's stomach back in. Or the wound on the General's cheek that was so damn deep one could-

I found myself unable to listen to Nesta's wailing. Or Elain's words of comfort she whispered to her sister. Or Emerie's soft sobs from where she sat on the same bed I sat on.

There was nothing. No thought. No emotion. It was cold. So damn cold. Everything inside me was cold.

I...I had powers. And I could do nothing. I had to stay hidden here. I should be out there fighting. Cassian, who I saw as my family, was gravely injured. And I did nothing. I sat here with shaking and trembling hands, staring. I should be doing something. I should act and fight. And not hide here like a little duckling.

When the last petal falls the time has come. The princess dead, the prince the king. Long may he reign. Long may she sleep. Oh, stained flower petal-filthy with blood and dirt. Watch her bleed.

Not even when Mor rushed into the tent could I peel my eyes away from the puddle of red. Mor brought Madja along with her. The healer immediately stormed over to Cassian who Azriel now carefully and slowly started to lower to the bed.

"We are going out again. Mor, Az, Emerie you are coming. Emerie, can you fight?" The Illyrian female dipped her chin at the High Lord, picking up her sword and an extra dagger and walking up to the High Lord.

"Thank you, Emerie. Valkyrie General," Cassian brought out, wreathing when Madja started to make use of her magical healing hands. That was when I lifted my head and my gaze for the first time in minutes landed on Cassian.

The fierce female with the wings can save him.

Emerie bowed her head before she left the tent. Ever so softly and carefully Azriel placed Cassian down on the healer's bed, the general's head now lying in Nesta's lap.

A muscle in his jaw flexed when my mate passed me. Quickly leaning down, he placed a kiss on my forehead. "Stay safe. Misma, stay safe," he mumbled.

"He can make it. He will make it. You know how strong Cassian is," I told Azriel, squeezing his hand upon his leave.

Emerie had saved Cassian. Emerie riding her Pegasus had ascended with a speed that was beyond probably everyone, headed for the General of the Illyrian armies and had saved his life.

"Yes, he will. But Misma, after what has happened...can I leave you alone?" Azriel was a ball of fury and rage when he found out what had happened to me, but I had convinced him that I was fine, which I really was. Thanks to fae and nymph healing the wounds already started to disappear. What mattered now was Cassiand and nothing and no one else.
"Yes. Rhys put wards over me and the tent. I won't be in harm again. It was all too fast and we weren't prepared. Now we are," I murmured, not letting go of his arm. "Come back to me!"
"I will."

 ∙∙✧ ✧ ✧∙∙

Nesta held Cassian's head in her lap, stroking her fingers through his hair while droplets of tears from her fell onto the General's forehead. Madja could heal a lot, but not enough. It was not enough. We were in need of-