Chapter 19: Inn Nightmares

✧Misma POV✧

"There is only one room left, son."

Azriel grumbled, scratching his neck and turning towards me.

"Is it alright, if we...share?" he shyly asked and I nodded. Probably a bit too enthusiastically.

"Alright, we take it then," he told her and she started writing something down and grabbed a key which she handed to Azriel.

"For how long?"

"Two nights." She nodded and we started to walk. "Last door on the second floor, on the right," she shouted after us and I shouted a thank you back.

"Is it alright for you? I do not want to...interfere your personal space," Azriel asked, unsure and I nodded. Worry laced his features.
"Of course, I actually...I feel better with sharing, I haven't slept alone in a room since...well, since that night. It actually terrifies me."

"Alright, if you say so. I will take the floor of course," he offered when we stepped inside the room.

"You are definitely not taking the floor. You will catch any possible illness by just touching it, it is absolutely gross," I groaned looking at the floor and Azriel pressed his lips in a thin line.

The floor was not only dusty but stains of all sorts of things covered it.

"Right." He nodded and I put the bag on a small chair next to a small table and slipped out of the knife belt. I walked over to a tiny door and looked inside.

Bathroom, or something like a bathroom.

Azriel placed one of the blankets on the bed as the bed sheets were also rather dirty. "Thoughtful," I hummed snd something like a smile blossomed on his face. Colour filled his cheeks when he turned back to the bed.

"So we are sharing the bed, too? Is that really alright?" "Yes, Azriel it really is. I am fine with it. Gwyn and I shared a bed, too, many times!"

"Oh. But Gwyn is a female and...and... wait...are you....are you and Gwyn—?" he suddenly asked, eyes going wide.

"No, no, oh Mother. No, just as friends," I laughed and his face softened, a blush creeping up on his cheeks.

"Sorry, I just thought." I smiled at him and gave my head a tiny shake.

Shoving the blanket just an inch back, Azriel then lifted the pillow, shoving something under it. It did not quite see, so I leaned to the side to peek past his wings.
Azriel had probably noticed me looking and glanced at me over his shoulder. "Safety measure," he mumbled with a small smile on his lips.

I raised my brow at him.

"My dagger. Just in case." The corner of his mouth tipped up again and he placed the pillow down, then the blanket and plopped onto the bed.
The shadowsinger of the Night Court slept with a dagger under his pillow.

I knew I probably shouldn't and maybe there was something very wrong about me, but I found this terribly adorable.
I laughed softly and walked over to the window to look outside.
One could hardly see through the window, it was so dirty and the outside was also not so breathtaking. Dried meadows and dead trees. Where the hell where we? I mean I probably grew up rather spoiled in the Hewn City to a once rich father but this was really rather awful.

"Sorry, that is rather ugly here," Azriel grumbled. I chuckled. "Why is it so ugly here?"
"I don't know. No one really takes care of it. There is not so much going on around here." I nodded, walking over to the bed and Azriel pulled out the box with food and two bottles. "Hungry?" I again nodded eagerly.