Chapter 7: The Night Court

✧Misma POV✧

I coughed and blinked. One time. Two times. The light burned in my eyes. Something touched my hand while something else touched my face. Where was I? It was warm. Not winter, no snow. I tried to open my eyes yet again again when another cough escaped my lips. My throat was so dry, burned with a scream.

A million thoughts rushed through my mind. Foremost all waking up next to Fillias. What my legs and thighs had looked like....

But still no memories about what happened after dinner....

"Hey, hey. Everything's fine. You are safe and finally awake." A voice, a soft female voice, reached my ears. I flinched, utterly terrified. My stomach churned with nausea, a kernel of pure panic taking root in my heart.

I tried to open my eyes once again, blinking and suddenly looking into brown eyes that appeared in front of my vision.

"Morrigan?" I breathed out when I took her in, still not knowing what touched my hand.

"Hi, yes. Mor is fine," she mumbled and stroked my face again. A tender and soft stroke, that made tears dwell in my eyes.

"Night Court?" I stammered and finally looked around, first to where someone touched my hand. I looked up and looked into the face of a female, her blue-grey eyes seizing in on me. She opened her mouth slightly. "Nesta. And yes, Night Court," she said smiling.

"How? How did I get here?" I whispered, looking at her and lifting my head a bit more to look around. I did not understand anything. Everything was a blur. Just some time ago I was in Winter, I was running and escaping and now I woke up in a house, in the Night Court. How much time had passed?

"Azriel found you," Mor told me and my eyes got wide. "Azriel?" I breathed out and she pointed behind her. I looked at him. Shadowsinger. The corners of my lips twitched slightly and I examined his face. My chest squeezed and then my body was flooded woth warmth. He had saved me. But—

Male. He was a male. And he was so close. But he saved me. He had saved my life. I could trust him. I was not going to be afraid of him. I trusted him, he had saved my life. I told myself that in order to not panic again.

Shadows crawled over his shoulders and around his arms. This handsome face, with the beautiful eyes. He had saved me.

"Th....Than...Thank you! But ho...how-w?... How did you find me? Thank you so...so much," I breathed out, weakly, wiggling on the couch a bit. He closed his eyes for a second, scratching the back of his neck.

Did he feel this bond thingy, too? Was it because there was a bond? Was there even a bond? No, there was no bond. That was just a weird feeling like love at first sight. Something that is actually not real, right?

"I was in the region, patrolling and flew over you and found you." I nodded, smiling weakly and thanking him again.

Alright, see, no bond.

"I don't know how to thank you. Wha...what can I do to thank you?" I mumbled and tried to sit up a bit. Mor got up, a warm smile plastering her face while shaking her head.

"Nothing, you need to get fit and healthy that is the priority!" a low voice suddenly said behind me and I flinched. A male voice. Another male in the room.

But there were so many females in the room, there was no need for me to be afraid.

I tried to look behind me, but pain shot through my neck and I winced, clutching my arms around me. In the corner of my eye I noticed some movement. Azriel balled his hands into fists and I glanced at them. When he noticed my look he soon released them, moving his hands behind his back and locking them there.