Chapter 15: Lady of Light & Life

✧Misma POV✧

"Did you know you could do that? How did you do that?" Rhysand shouted, storming inside after us.

"No, no, I did not. That has never happened before, I had no idea what it was and where it came from," I huffed sitting down at the table, heart thumping heavily in my chest.

Rhysand approached me and looked at me sternly, brows furrowed. "I have never seen anything like that in..over 500 years."
"Neither have I," Azriel huffed.

"Anyone keen on telling us what has happened?" Nesta demanded, jumping to her feet and rushing towards us.

"She probably is a Light Summoner," Rhysand explained, pointing towards me. Nesta squinted her eyes at me, some emotion I could not wuite place lacing her features.

"That is good, isn't it? At least it sounds positive," she asked. Knees turning wobbly and cold sweat breaking out on the back of my neck, I shrugged.

"Yes, yes it is. But I don't know if it is good that now Keir and everyone know. Why has this never shown before?" Rhysand continued, pacing around the table, his eyes never leaving me.

"Because she never needed it before," a voice, I was not familiar with sounded through the room. Gwyn had appeared behind me as well and put her hands on my shoulders.

I watched the tiny figure step into the room and approach me. She had short black hair and looked at me intensely, eyes narrowed to slits.

"Light Summoner, Light Bringer..." she breathed out and crouched down in front of me to examine my face. "Amren, Second-In-Comand, pleasure to meet you, Light Bringer."

"Pleasure, but I am no such thing," I quickly blurted out out while she grabbed my chin and turned my head, squinting her eyes at me and examining me further. "I am Misma. Just Misma!"

"Rhysand, you are fools. How did you not see it? It is so obvious that she is something more, something special," Amren stated, still examining me. "I need to see your hands, palm-up!" she ordered and I put my hands forwards, palm-up when she finally let go of my chin. "What should we have seen?"

"It took me one look in her eyes and I saw it, you blind fools!" Amren huffed, running her fingers over the inside of my hands. "Aha, exactly as I thought. Here look," she said, pointing towards a spot on my hand. There was nothing. Nothing I could see. Nothing.

"I don't...I don't know what should be there... I don't see anything."
"Yeah, because you are not looking with your real eyes, use them!" she ordered and I looked at her in disbelief. My chest squeezed and it felt like someone had sent a jolt through my stomach.

My real eyes. I had no idea I had unreal eyes. Surreal eyes.

"What?" I stammered and Gwyn looked over my shoulder on my hands and so did Azriel.

"I also see nothing," they said simultaneously.

"Use your real eyes!" Amren once more demanded. And then...then she lifted her head for a moment, looked at Azriel, looked at me, crinkled her nose and sniffed the air.

Eyes going wide, I stared at her, her chin lowering and meeting my gaze. "How? I had no idea this were not my real eyes."
"Obviously. If you cannot do this we have to train you! I will train you," she stated, standing up and looking at me once more. "You are a nymph aren't you?"
"Only half."

The black haired female folded her hands in front of her body. "Cunning beings."
I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, anger taking root in my heart. "Well, you hid being a Light Summoner for how long? How old are you?"