Chapter 45: Azriel's Preferences

!!! mature content + kinky Azriel ahead...you have been warned....
(also this chapter is quite long)

✧Misma POV✧

"What if she has seen Narben? It might have been Narben."

"I will look into your mind, Elain. Is that alright?" Rhys asked carefully and Elain nodded again, shrugging one shoulder. I took deep breaths, leaning against Azriel.

Rhys darted his gaze at her and just a second later he snapped back, nodding his head.
"She saw Narben. She saw Nesta destroying this thing, this jewellery thing, with Narben. We had talks about that in the past year. That jewellery thing might be his soul. Nesta could be able to destroy his soul if we find it."

I had no idea if I was still breathing. A million thoughts pierced my mind, my palms turned sweaty and my heart thrummed against my rib cage. I wanted to ask questions but my mind was all of a sudden so empty.
I heard gasps amd hiffs around me, looking my gaze with Elain's who just stared at mean, seemingly understanding as little as I did.

"A powerful sword. Not only powerful. Probably the most powerful sword alongside Gwydion," Lucien informed us, probably thinking we were so startled because we did not know what Narben is.
I dipped my chin, folding my hands in my lap.

"Narben can destroy it. Of course," Cassian mumbled and we all glanced at him. "Yes, but the sword has disappeared long ago and no one knows where it is. Apperently a water Nymph had dumped it in the sea somewhere," Rhys answered him.

The sea. A water nymph.

"Probably somewhere close to the shore of the Summer Court and the High Lord's castle. Haven't you heard the legends and rumors? The stories and legends that are told among the Illyrians who want to possess these swords? My father and grandfather always used to tell me those legends. That it is hidden somewhere on the shore of the Summer Court, close to the castle but hardly anyone ever dared searching for it as it is heavily guarded by some ancient magic. And those who dared to search for it, never returned. Vanished into the ocean." Balthazar stated, cold and grim and all our gazes shot towards him.

"Yes, I heard those legends too....never quite believed them but you could be right." Emerie added, a thoughtful look on her face.

"That is a nice piece of information, but how are we supposed to find it if no one ever returned alive? I doubt that anyone of us is keen on going diving without the possibility of returning or the ability to find it at all." Cassian grumbled, bracing his hands on the table and shaking his head. Water nymph. River nymph.

"Not one of us but a water nymph. Or an ancestor of a Water Nymph," I whispered.

"Oh, you are half-Nymph, right?" Cassian stated, eyes going wide, but I quickly shook my head at him.

"No, no. I am half-Forest-Nymph. I wasn't even able to swim until a few weeks ago," I explained, pausing for a moment and turning sideways.

"But Gwyn, you are! You are an ancestor of a water Nymph. Of course only if you are okay with it!? I do not want to force you to do anything, but it would make sense. If a Water Nymph has hidden it there, a Water Nymph could possibly break through the ancient spell." I mumbled pointing towards my friend who looked at me with her big teal eyes.

"Yes, sure, I will help as good as I can! But you think I could find it? An ancient powerful sword somewhere in the sea? At the bottom of the sea probably."

"Absolutely, if someone can find it then you, Gwyn. A water Nymph hid it, a Water Nymph can find it. Sunshine, you are such a smartass," Azriel stated, pinching my bum. Shadows swirled and curled around my body.