Chapter 53: Scrying 2.0

✧Misma POV✧

"Everything is clear so far. We ready our armies and once he declares war we are ready to strike?" Thesan asked one last time, leaning onto the table, his hands braced on the marble surface. His husband looked up at him, bowing his head. Something like pride at the High Lord but also a tint of fear glimmered in his eyes while he trailed them over his figure.

Withdrawing my gaze I looked at my High Lord, who nodded his head in confirmation. "Yes, the Darkbringers and the Illyrians will be ready as well. Maybe the need another push, but they will fight." Rhys explained, nodding at Cassian who dipped his chin at his High Lord.

"My armies will also be ready."

"So will be mine!"

"Mine as well!" The other High Lords stated, Beron again not saying anything.

I had been surprised that he even had stayed over night at Thesan's palace. Actually we all had been immensely surprised about that. And I was also surprised that they trusted him concerning everything that happened between him an Brillyan, but I assumed that that lay in the past. And that he was kind of forced to be on Prythian's side.

"I will also see what I can do with my forces," Beron then murmured, emotionless and glaring at Rhysand. My High Lord lowered his chin at him, pure male rage displayed on his face.

"But I cannot promise anything," he added with a sneer.

Rhysand ignored that remark and simply turned away from the High Lord of Autumn. "Then I assume we will meet at the battlefield," Rhys then said as a way of salutation.

The High Lord of Spring shook his head, disdain quite obvious in his features. "Let's hope it does not come this far and we don't have to meet there."

"Don't be a dreamer, Tamlin. You are actually smart, you know that war is inevitable," Cassian grumbled, shaking his head at the blond-haired male.

Tamlin ignored him and walked out of the meeting room without saying another word and probably winnowing away immediately.

"I hate that we have to fight again. The last war was not that long ago and again we have to face this shit again. We have a baby at home, I don't want this to happen," Viviana groaned, wrapping an arm around Mor who gave her a sad look. Unease and anguish weighed heavy on us, churning my stomach and making bile creep up my throat.

"We will win. We will once again be once unified Prythian army. We can do this," Kallias declared, sounding rather optimistic but his face stayed cold and unreadable. Feyre sighed loudly, while slowly all of us set out towards the door.

Beron and his sons as well as the Lady of the Autumn Court were also leaving at that moment. My gaze followed the, a sad look spreading over my face and a cool shiver dancing down my spine. My gaze lingered on the Lady of the Autumn Court, my heart aching for her. With anguish coating my insides, I watched her her being pulled out of the room, Beron's big hand wrapping around her slim wrist. I huffed a breath, sniffing loudly when a figure stepped beside me. I was greeted with the scent of vanilla and something musky and rough.

"It is hopeless, she won't leave them. No matter how hard you try, it is useless," the High Lord of mumbled. Looking at him over my shoulder, I saw a small, sad smile appear on his handsome face. Crestfallen I dipped my chin, giving him a sidelong glance. He was a great male. He would treat her so much better. He would treat her how she deserved to be treated. In my head I could see it: I could see her smile at him and I could see how happy she would be with him.

"But maybe one day the luck will be on our side. Stay safe, little sunshine."

"You as well, High Lord. And I know it will be," I assured the male, reaching over and squeezing his hand for a brief second. Skin on skin with a stranger male was still something odd, but I felt like I needed to do this in that moment. Then I realised that he was a High Lord and not my High Lord, so I quickly pulled back my hand.