Chapter 26: Azriel, Are You Hurt?

✧Misma POV✧

Azriel had still not returned the following day, but I felt him. He was alive, he was fine. Still breathing.

My legs were shaking when I returned to Gwyn and I's room. Cassian had made me lunges and squats as well as running exercises for hours, wanting to work on my non-existent stamina. I clutched my thighs, holding them tightly and groaning loudly when I let myself fall onto the bed.

"Your really have poor stamina," Gwyn laughed, patting my back.

"Thank you Gwyneth, I am well aware of that...I need a bath," I slowly got up and filled the tub with water. I let myself glide into the water, stretching my sore limps and groaning. I ran the soap over my hair and body, whimpering slightly when I touched the sore muscles in my legs. I had no idea for how long I had been running today. Hours and hours, sweating and panting, Cassian next to me, shouting and laughing that I should run faster and not show so much weakness. I appreciated his efforts, I really did, but right now I felt more like ripping out his throat.

I dried myself with a towel and slipped into my silken nightgown, before drying my hair. "I am dead, Gwyn," I groaned, letting myself fall onto the bed.

"I know this feeling, it will get better after time," she chuckled and I gave her a fake smile. She chortled again before lying down. "Good night, best friend." "Sleep tight, best friend," I laughed and heard her hum some lovely melody before she fell asleep.

 ∙∙✧ ✧ ✧∙∙

"Oh, Mother above!" I sat up straight in bed and Gwyn immediately lit her candle.

"What is up? You were screaming like hell?!" she huffed, running her hand over her face.

"Azriel. Azriel...he..he is...hurt. I think. There is this pain in my...my heart," I said, shivering and looking at her with big eyes. My lip trembled, when I fisted the bedsheet next to me. "We need to inform Rhys. Where is he?" Gwyn asked, nervously.

"No, he is here, I belive. Here in the house. I feel him. But he is hurt or in pain or something I don't know..." I breathed out, clutching my knees to my body.

"What are waiting for then? Go upstairs, check on him!" Gwyn shouted and I looked at her with big eyes, an incredulous look on my face.

No way! I could not just go up there...just like that. Or could I?

"All right, but can I just go there?"

"Of course. And I am coming with you," she eagerly said and I slowly pulled my feet of the bed which soon touched the cool ground.

"It is fine, Gwyn. I will go alone. I am not sure if maybe...I don't know. What if the feeling is not right? What if I have just imagined or dreamt it?"

Gwyn arched a brow, already having removed her blanket. She gave me an unsure look and seemed to be deliberating for a moment.

"If he is hurt terribly I will immediately come here and inform you."

She reluctantly dipped her chin, "Fine. But you really have to get me if you need me, alright? Immediately!" she pressed and I nodded, a warm smile on my lips.

I left the room with soft and careful steps. I made my way through the Library, up and up, till I reached the highest level.

My hand lit the way, perks of being a Light Summoner and finally having slight control over my powers.

I slowly approached the staircase of the house and took weak steps upwards, my legs aching with pain. Pain Cassian caused me by letting and do all those exercises. I needed to stop pitying myself. Azriel was hurt.