Chapter 14: A Flash of Light

✧Misma POV✧

"I am going. And I will be the only one going. No one of you is risking getting hurt," I told them, sternly but Rhysand shook his head. "No, you should not go alone. I will do that!"
"Definitely not," I said louder, approaching him. "This is my battle. I started it and I will fight it!" I told him once more and he looked me up and down. "Insufferable. But of course, it is your choice and decision, Misma," he mumbled, chuckling slightly while stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"I mean it. I want to talk to him. I have to do this, this is my problem. He is my problem and not yours. I have to fix this. You all have done enough for me already, I have to fix this now." I looked around in the room, my heart hammering against my rib cage.

Azriel wore a concerned expression and radiated some kind of passive aggression, jaw clenched and hands locked behind his back. Eyes that promised death locked with mine for a second before he glanced towards were the High Lord stood.

"But we will join you, at least some of us," Feyre cut in.

I nodded. "If you really want to, but you don't have to."

Gwyn grabbed my arm and stroked my inner arm with her thumb. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I nodded, a thankful smile on my face. "Yes, I have to. ....When are we leaving?" I asked, feeling a kernel of fear and panic root in my heart. "As soon as possible," Rhys answered, voice cold. "Azriel, Mor, Feyre and I will accompany you. Cassian and Nesta you stay with Nyx, please." They nodded. I bit down on the inside of my cheek, biting back a any emotion that threatened to make its way to the surface.

I would see him again. More than a month had passed. But it was true. I had to face him, I had to face this. My battle.

"We need to get you Court of Nightmares ready. Come I will dress you, like you used to dress. We will just add a bit more...oof. To make their jaws drop," Mor declared, grabbing my arm and pulling me after her through the corridors of the house.

She ordered me to go to the bathroom and I sat down on the tub. She returned carrying a dark green dress with many sparkles on it. She waved her hand over my hair until it fell in loose waves over my shoulder, she brushed some coal on my eyelashes and touched up my lips with some dark lipstick. I slipped into the dress, it was beautiful, had a slit that nearly reached up to the top of my thigh. It was true, this dress was an emblem for the Court of Nightmares.

"You look beautiful, I hope you know that." Mor smiled, looking me up and down. "Thank you. For....everything," I told her, smiling weakly. "You don't have to do this. We all understand if you don't want to go there." I knew they would understand it if I dif not want to go, but I had to.
"No, no. I want to. I have to," I sternly told her and she nodded, quickly pulling me towards her chest and hugging me. It was a sort of motherly hug I hadn't felt in such a long time—in months—it made the back of my mouth burn for a second.

Swallowing all kinds of emotions once again, I followed her back downstairs, where the others already waited. Rhys dressed in a black suit, Azriel, too and Feyre in a stunning black sparkling dress and a crown atop her head. Mor also changed quickly. She wore a bright red gown. Rhys chuckled when I stepped inside and Azriel just stared at me, mouth falling slightly open. And it was all he did.

"I'm ready to go!"

"Azriel will fly you down. I will carry Mor," Rhys stated and I nodded, not quite understanding. I thought they could winnow?

"This house is winnow-prove, you can only walk or fly," Azriel explained, approaching me and somehow having read my mind. Maybe my utterly irritated expression had given me away...