Chapter 22: Return to Velaris

✧Misma POV✧

Azriel once again scooped me up in his arms, and pushed his feet off the ground, his wings flapping behind him. The wind blew through them and also my hair. I grabbed the bag and the bowl that where in my lap tightly before looking at Azriel. We flew over the mountains and forests, he flew softly and slowly, my other arm was wrapped around his neck, holding onto him tightly.

We flew for several hours, and the wind had gone away which was nice since now it was pretty calm up here.

I smiled at him and he chuckled, brushing his fingers over my knees, holding my legs tightly. "They are going to be so nosy about what happened in the inn...between us," he mumbled. I shook my head, blushing. "I thought so..."

"We don't have to tell them anything. It is none of their business, although it will be really hard to not kiss or hug you anymore once we are back." Azriel smiled, glancing at me before quickly looking in front of him again. A grin also tugged on my lips, watching the wind ruffle through his hair. I could hardly believe that he, this deadly handsome and charming male, wanted to kiss and hug me.

"Honestly, I think by now everyone has anyways already realised that I like you so I do really not mind if they know," I chuckled to which the shadowsinger's eyes went wide, a surprisedsmirk spreading over his face. "You like me?" he asked, raising his eyebrow. From where I had my hands placed I could feel his heart beat getting faster.

"Obviously, otherwise I would have not let you kiss me!" I laughed, squeezing his shoulder.

"Right. I like you too, Light Bringer." Azriel grinned. I smiled from ear to ear.

"I do believe in me now thanks to you, I just wanted to tell you that," I said to which the spymaster quickly turned towards me and leaned his head closer, I did too.

"Do you not have to concentrate on flying?" I asked, barely audible. "We are nearly over Velaris, I know this like the inside of my pockets," he expressed before placing his lips on mine. He bit down on my lip lightly and I allowed his tongue the entrance. He grabbed my waist and legs tighter and our lips moved in sync. I gasped into his mouth when he suddenly shot towards the ground. With a loud gasp I pulled back from the kiss.

"Idiot!"I reprimanded. Azriel chuckled lowly, squeezing my hip before slamming into the earth. "Welcome back to Velaris!" he laughed, placing me on the ground. I held tightly onto the bowl and the bag. It had nearly gone dark by then. I saw Mor storming out of the house once we went through the gate.

"You are back, we are all ready for the meeting and for all the news. All the news! You will have to tell us everything! Every little detail of your trip," Mor beamed, running towards me, embracing me in a tight hug and lifting me of the ground.

"Ugh, you smell like you bathed in Azriel's scent what the hell have you done?!" she laughed, placing me on the ground again.

"We had to share a room," Azriel said, calm and flat and Mor lifted an eyebrow, smirking slightly.

I obviously blushed, as usual, while we went through the doors. Gwyn immediately jumped up and stormed towards me, embracing me in her arms.

"Aaaah, you are back. Safe and without a body part missing. How did it go? Did you find it? And oh my......you smell like Azriel," she laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Not you too. But I am so happy to see you and it went well." I smiled at her, hugging her tightly again. She laughed, squinting her eyes at me, then looked at Azriel and back at me again before leaning close to my ear.

"What happened?" she whispered and I shook my head. "Later."
She giggled, smiling brightly, before squinting her eyes at Azriel again who just lifted his hands in defence. Azriel leaned against the door frame, a smirk on his face when Rhysand stepped into the room from the other side.