Chapter 33: Helion - High Lord of Day

✧Misma POV✧

"Helion is a bit special, I think you should know that before we go there," Cassian laughed next to me while we all got ready to leave for the Day Court — the court with the most sunshine in all of Prythian, with the most light.

"Special in what way?" I asked, raising my brows. The corners of his mouth tipping up, the general shook his head.
"Oh, just special. Let's say you are definitely his type so keep an eye on Az. But nothing to worry about, he is a good male. A kind-hearted one," I nodded, irritated and now slightly nervous.

"Let's go!" Rhysand announced before I could further ponder over what Cassian had said. The High Lord of the Night Court would winnow us the Day Court.

Cassian, Nesta. Azriel, Feyre, Rhysand and I were going. Gwyn, Mor and Amren would keep control over the Night Court and an eye on Nyx in the mean time.

The journey was as usual rather quick. The black mist vanished, sunlight flooded us, making my eyes stind for a moment. I gasped audibly when the landscape was revealed to me.
"It is....beautiful here!" I expressed, grabbing Azriel's hand, interlacing our fingers and taking in the scenery.

"As long as you don't say it is more beautiful than the Night Court, I am alright with what you said," Rhys laughed. I chuckled, shaking my head. "Nothing is more beautiful than the Night Court." It was true.

Azriel's hand held mine tightly and I knew he was tense and also a bit....uneasy.

Huge fields of sunflowers stretched out in front of the ivory coloured castle. Pegasi trotted over the path ways, their huge white wings flared on their backs. They looked majestic and absolutely beautiful.

We strolled over one pathway leading up to the castle entrance. I was taking in the scenery's beauty, the smell of dry earth amd sunflowers filling my nose.

"There you are, good to see!" A male voice sounded from somewhere and ripped me out of my gazing. I sucked in a sharp breath and turned my head to look around—to find the male who had spoken.

A handsome male appeared on top of a white staircase at what I supposed was a side entrance of the palace. He was the High Lord of Day there was no doubt about that — he looked glorious and powerful.

As a group we walked up to him. The High Lord greeted everyone before stopping in front of me, smiling brightly. He scanned me, examing like he was trying to see my light powers.

"Well, hello, hello, Beautiful. You truly are a...sunshine!" he exclaimed and approached me further, taking quite large steps.

I quickly extended my hand which he shook, a grin replacing his smile.

"Since my other offers are always declined, maybe you and your...partner would like to accept it and join me?" he said, running his eyes over me and Azriel. Azriel growled under his breath, giving my hand a not so tender squeeze.

What offer?

What offer?

"What offer?" I mumbled, looking at him with big eyes. Azriel, what offer?

Azriel tightened the grip on my hand even more and a snarl rumbled through the bond.

What offer?
He wants us to join him in his bed.
Oh. He is a High Lord?!!

My eyes shot wide open, irritation spreading through my whole body. A low chuckle sounded from Cassian behind me. Now I knew what he had meant by special.

"To join me in my private chambers, my lady. The two of you," Helion chuckled. The mischievous glint in his eyes told me that he obviously was just taunting Azriel. A smirk appeared on the High Lord's lips and he raised an eyebrow.