Chapter 36: Maybe She is Lying?

✧Misma POV✧

Half of the night I spent turning and rolling around in bed, moving towards Azriel, turning away from him, nearly falling out of bed and pulling my knees up to my chest, holding them tightly. It was all useless.

Even a week after the fateful day at the Day Court, I could not find rest. Also the nightmares had returned and now also mixed with what Elain had said. My mind was too full, too many thoughts rushing through it every minute of the day. It felt like my head was going to explode.

At some point throughout the night Azriel had decided to lay down on me so that I would finally stop wiggling and moving. It had been rather unsuccessful because I could still not sleep, but at least Azriel could as I was no longer disturbing him with my movements.

Maybe Elain was lying? Maybe she had said those things on purpose? But what sense would that make? I had never raised suspicion towards her as she had always been around when we had been with the others and also Azriel I did not yet question. But no...it made no sense. Why she would lie? She must have told the truth. I was his equal.

A lewd moan slipped through my parted lips. "Cauldron, that feels good," I hummed, curling my fingers towards my palms when Azriel looked up at me, his head between my thighs, one hand placed over my abdomen, the other squeezing my hip. Damp strands of hair fell into his forehead, his pupils dilated, eyes glowing brightly.

Once my mate dipped his head again, licking one broad stroke up to the bundle of nerves, I threw my head back, sighing loudly.

After a few more minutes and another climax he came up to me, his lips closing over mine in a deep and passionate kiss. I smiled against his lips, "Morning."

Slowly also the shadows that had my wrists tied to the headboard uncurled, brushed down my arms and slowly moved back to their owner. A lazy morning smile on my lips, I lowered my hands to my body.

"Morning, love," A faint smiled plaster his lips when he brushed his brows against mine. "You wanna know what you taste like?"

I swallowed, slowly letting my hands travel up to his shoulders and knitting my brows. No? I had no idea what.... I tasted like.

My mate's thumb brushed over my lip, slowly and teasing, before pushing inside my mouth. I ever so slightly licked over the pad of his thumb. Squeezing his eyes shut, I noticed Azriel clenching his jaw, swallowing a groan.

"What do...I taste like?" I then whispered since he did not continue to speak.

Slowly withdrawing his thumb, he kissed my brow, parted his lips and said: "Like the only thing I want to taste, to savour, for the rest of my immortal life!"

My stomach dipped and on their own accord my legs curled around his hips, practically slamming him into me.

"Breakfast? I won't have too much time because I have to head out later," Azriel exhaustedly asked after some more early morning love making.

"What? I thought you don't have to work today?" I quickly asked, pouting at him. "I don't have to work, but I need to get all my presents," he chuckled, pushing himself up and rolling off the bed. Shit, presents.

I looked at him, while he stretched his wings and slipped into his underwear.

"I also have to do that," I quickly said, and he nodded, grinning. "I have no idea what to get everyone. We never gifted each other anything."

"Whatever you feel like getting."

"And how much...money do you spend on normal presents?" I then asked and the spymaster gave his head a tiny shake. "It is not about how luxurious or expensive the presents are, the idea behind them is what matters," he stated, smiling. I nodded bracing my hands on the bed.