Chapter 61: Lux Ex Tenebris

✧Misma POV✧

"I don't care about you lot...Lucien is my mate and I am getting him back!"

Not only I but probably all of us were gaping at Elain like fish.

"Is he, now?" Cassian blurted out, earning himself a pinch to his right biceps from Nesta.

Completely ignoring Cassian's uttering Elain turned to Rhys, so terribly much pain displayed in her eyes. "We need to get him back, Rhysand."

"We will Elain. Helion is on his way here and he will try to break the spell on the locket, then Nesta destroys it. Maybe it already works without the missing fourth part. It is worth a try and maybe it will weaken him."

The High Lord then turned to all of us, his hands in his pockets. "And then we leave for Koschei."

It always sounded so easy what Rhys said, but it wasn't. Nothing about this whole situation was easy.

"What exactly has happened?" Feyre then asked, bracing her hands on her older sister's shoulders. 

"I saw him....he was on his way. I think he left from the Day Court either for Koschei or to go to Vassa and Jurian."
"Yes, he informed us that he would leave for the continent when he had safely brought his mother to Helion." Rhys wiped his hand over his head, distress visible in every line of his face.

"Lucien stopped to grab some water from a river and—" Elain swallowed hard, a tear slipping over her cheek while she turned her gaze away from the table.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest, slowly getting up and gliding over to where Elain stood.

"What else did you see, Elain?" I carefully and softly whispered, taking her fragile but quite callused hand in mine. She had probably gotten the calluses from gardening.

"I saw Koschei. He appeared in the River or rather over it...but it was no longer the River where Lucien, where my Lucien, got his water. No...it was the river which Koschei is bound too. And he had a grip on Lucien all of a sudden, holding him tightly before he—" again she stopped, shaking her head and tears flying away with the movement.

I squeezed her hand, feeling a presence behind me. Nesta.

Nesta had stepped up to her sister as well, holding her other hand. The whole room was so damn calm, only Elain's sniffles and silent sobs could be heard.

"He is drowning him. He keeps him under water. He wanted me to see this. Koschei wanted me to see this...so that I, so that we all come there. So that I bring Misma along. He wants to meet her. And I saw it in my vision that we all go there. He knows we are after him. He knew we wanted to get the box. I now saw all of it."

All of a sudden Elain stopped and shuddered, slowly stumbling backwards, past me and falling onto a chair, her eyes going wide. She looked like she had wandered of somewhere, her body was still with us but her mind was gone.

"The light will cut through death like a hunting knife. The light will meet the endless darkness. The light will die in order to come back...in order to gain full immortality. Shadows can protect the light....but will they protect the light from death?"

She shuddered again, bracing her hands on her slim thighs. Not knowing what to say, I hastily looked around in the room.

Everyone knew what she had meant by the light, by the shadows and by the endless darkness.

"We all are thinking the same, right?" Cassian's voice cut through the silence like Truth Teller through its enemies.

"We are, Cass," Rhysand answered him, darting his gaze at me.