Chapter 5: Escape

There will be mentions of sexual abuse in this chapter (no detailed description of it). If you feel uncomfortable reading something like this, please skip it.

✧Misma POV✧

My head was heavy and I blinked a few times. Everything was spinning, the whole room was spinning.
Light shone through the blinds and I ran a hand over my face.

What had happened?

I was in my room, but I had no idea how I got here. When did I get here? The last thing I remembered was sitting at the dinner table and being fed. And now I was in bed. No wait, someone had brought me here and then left. But I had this feeling that someone had returned later. That I heard the door open at some point.

Was I wrong? It was a blur. Pure darkness in my mind. Everything was blank after being brought here. There was nothing. No memory.

My head hurt and I could barely lift it. My throat was dry and burned when I breathed in. They drugged me, poisoned me.

But there was something-

Someone-

Noises from beside me. Wiggling on sheets. And light snoring.

No.

No.

No.

That could not be true.

I slowly turned my head, pain rushing through my neck and body. I held in a sob, biting the insides of my cheeks. My heart stopped and my throat went dry. I panted heavily, while my heart sped up like crazy, theumming against my rip cage.

He was lying there.

Only the bed sheet covering his middle.

Fillias.

I looked down on me, running a hand over my thighs. My bruised thighs. My gown was pushed up to the middle of my stomach. No panties.

No.

That couldn't be true

He took advantage of me.

He claimed me his.

Although there were zero memories, the signs were to obvious. My vision went blurry, burning tears forming in my eyes.

I had no idea what to do, I could not allow myself to panic now. With my thrumming, aching heart and the blankness in my brain it was difficult to stay calm and form coherent thoughts, but I had to try and focus.

There was pain. Pain everywhere inside and outside of me. I smacked a hand over my mouth in order to hold in the croaky sobs threatening to escape some deep part of my throat. Squeezing my eyes shut, I again bit the insides of my cheeks, suddenly tasting blood.

Taking deep, steadying breaths, I blinked away the tears.

I couldn't be weak now. I needed to be strong.

And I needed to get out. Get out now. Run.

Escape.

This could not be my life. I could not live my life with him after that.

I slowly sat up, pain shooting through my legs and stomach and neck and head. Holy gods, there was so much pain, but nothing matched the terrible ache in my heart.

I forced myself to peel my eyes away from my bruised thighs. I balled my hands into fists, taking another deep breath. I needed to be strong now. For the first time in my life I was going to be strong....