Chapter 34: Pleasure to Meet You - Not

I personally am an Elucien shipper, if you ship Elriel I honestly do not care. It is your life, your choice — ship what makes you happy. I also do like Elain but I wanted to give you jealous, territorial Misma so her perception of Elain might be a bit dramatic.

✧Misma POV✧

I headed towards the others with definitely more speed than planned, but I was so terribly jealous in that very moment that I simply saw red. This hand on my mate's thigh made me crazy. My mate. Territorial males, but also territorial females.

I had thought I had my jealousy under better control, but Mother was I wrong. I a tiny bit ashamed while storming towards them, fuming, but honestly, I couldn't care less. He was mine and only mine.

My mate. My Azriel.

"Are you making your point clear now that he is your mate and only yours, huh?" Helion chuckled behind me, trying to keep up with my pace. My eyes opened wide. Was I so obvious? "Mhm," I mumbled, walking faster and avoiding his gaze. Helion and I were both now nearly running towards them and Nesta was the first one to look up at me, smiling.

"How was it?" "Amazing!" I quickly shouted before waddling over to Azriel and plopping down next to him, slamming my hand onto his other thigh, gripping it tightly. With a low chuckle, Helion sat down with Rhys. My skin prickled when my eyes narrowed in on the hand on Azriel's thigh.

"Hello, my love," I greeted loudly. Azriel's brows rose in amusement, something sweet reaching me through the bond. My own brows creasing, I leaned over and kissed my mate's cheek. 

"How was it? How did light summoning go?" Azriel asked, still that silly smile on his face. 

"Amazing, I learned a lot. But....I think we haven't met yet. I am Misma, Azriel's mate. You are?" I leaned forward, looking past Azriel and gave the girl the sweetest smile I could force onto face, extending my hand towards her.

She shook my hand, also smiling sweetly.

"Ah, you are the mate. Hi, I am Elain. Pleasure to meet you finally," she greeted. Oh, this was Elain. No one had really told me about her, just a few words here and there. I had always felt like they had avoided the topic.

"Pleasure!" I said, still smiling sweetly and moving my hand that rested on Azriel's thigh further up, my pinky finger nearly touching his very sensitive parts, but I couldn't care less. He was mine.

Someone's jealous, huh? Let me warn you, if that hand moves just one inch further up, we will have a problem, love.

I am not jealous, but you are mine.

Of course. Laughter rumbled through the bond, caressing my mental shields and I really had to control my facial expressions.

"I hope this does not end in a fist fight between the two of them. Although I would pay to see that!" I heard Cassian laugh behind me and quickly glowered at him over my shoulder before turning my attention back to the two people next to me. The sound of a smack told me that Nesta had taken care of her mate for me.

"And he is your mate? Helion told me so," I sweetly asked Elain, pointing towards Lucien. Elain still hadn't moved her stupid hand away from Azriel. Azriel furrowed his brows at me and Elain pressed her lips into a thin line. Something like unease stretched out between us– one could definitely cut the tension with a knife. 

I raised an eyebrow towards Elain.

"Yes, Lucien Vanserra. We are mates, but...we...I.... we spend time together to figure out if we really work out as a couple, without the bond being involved," she explained to me and I nodded, pursing my lips.